Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week for September 23-30, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
This Week’s Events/Announcements
- Trinity Trustee workday is this coming Saturday (September 26th) at 9am. Bring your gloves and rakes!
- Mission Share Sunday at Trinity is scheduled for September 27th. Please keep the church in your prayers that we can bring our Mission Shares up to 100%.
- Revival Books are in! If you are planning to do the Revival Study with Pastor Russ, please stop by the Trinity Church office and pick yours up! Books are $10. The study will be starting Thursday, October 1st in the Youth Room from 1-2:30pm.
- Church Women United of Grand Island invite all women to attend their October Fellowship Salad Supper at First-Faith on October 2nd at 6:30pm. Tickets are $6.00. For more information call Donna Cargill or Jane Mitchell.
- UM4GI Reading challenge for Hassan: It’s a “do it yourself” fall reading challenge for all ages to raise funds to support Hassan (the Nigerian/Nebraska partnership). Just read, keep track, and collect donations! The challenge runs from September 13-October 25; bring your collected donations to church November 1st or 8th and know you helped our friends in need in Nigeria!
- UM4GI Pumpkin Patch Fun: Join us for some pumpkin fun at Helgoth’s pumpkin patch on Sunday, October 18th starting at 3 p.m. Stop by First-Faith or Trinity for a flyer with details and directions or call Sebrina at 382-1952.
- Food For Thought Backpacks at Trinity: We have a great opportunity to help those in need right here in our area. We have bags and lists that you can easily take and fill for the families we support at Howard. Pick up a bag and a list, fill it up, and bring it back to the church office. If you would like more information, call Sebrina at 382-1952.
- ESL classes are held in the Gathering Place at Trinity on Monday evenings at 7.
- Noah’s Ark Wish List: clothes that can be used for dress-up, old pots and pans, old shoes, play jewelry, clip on ties, old hats, old telephones, old wallets, stuffed animals, and pillows. Thank you all for your continued support!
- Refresh! Free, quality childcare will be available at First-Faith UMC every 2nd and 4th Wednesdays from 9 am – 11:30 am so that moms can run errands or take a break and relax! Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543 with any questions.
- Prayer Shawls are available at both First-Faith and Trinity to anyone in need. If you would like to become a part of the UM4GI Prayer Shawl ministry, join them in the Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday nights at 6:30pm. (They will even teach you how to make them!) Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Register to participate in First-Faith UMC‘s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2015. Dinner for Fun 2015 is coming! Dinner 4 Fun is people sharing a meal, making new friends, renewing old friendships, and getting to know one another. It is for singles, couples and families. Do you like to cook? OK! If you don’t like to cook, deli food or take-out works also! If you can’t host or be a leader, there are other ways to share in the fun. The hope is that each group will meet together 4 times. Each group will have a leader to organize the group and keep it going, you meet when it works for your group. Your group can plan an after meal activity, such as games, visiting, watching sports, or playing cards, it is up to your group to decide. You can register at either church office or email Joyce McKinny at email@example.com with the information. Questions? Please call Joyce at 308-382-4709.
Upcoming Events/Announcements and Other Opportunities
- World Communion Sunday is October 3-4.
- Immigration Advocacy Training: October 10th, from 10am-3pm (lunch provided) at Trinity.
- Stephen Ministry Fundraiser Meal held at Trinity Miller Hall on Wednesday, October 14th 5pm.
- Church Conference will be held at Trinity on October 22 at 7pm.
- All Saints Remembrance will be on October 31-November 1. If you have a loved one you would like to have recognized, please submit names and/or photos to the Trinity church office by October 25th.
- On the first Sunday of the month, it is “Food Pantry Sunday” at First-Faith and Trinity! At First-Faith donations can be placed in the “Food Pantry Grocery Cart” in Fellowship Hall at any time.
- Look for youth activities to start back up after Labor Day Weekend!
- Trinity and First-Faith United Methodist Women are collecting “Box Tops for Education” and Campbell’s Labels. These labels are used to purchase educational items to support Epworth Village in York. These labels can be dropped off in the black box on the lower shelf of the UMW library corner in Trinity‘s parlor or in the green tote in Fellowship Hall at First-Faith UMC. If you are not sure which part of the label to save, drop off the entire label and it will be cut down appropriately. Thank You!
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
Bible Studies and Small Groups:
- “Recharge” young adult group starts Wednesday, September 2 and is held in the Trinity Church Conference Room from 6:30-8pm.
- “Matthew’s Message: Good News for the New Millennium” Bible study held in the Trinity Youth Room at 9:30am on Wednesdays and will be led by Pastor Theresa Mason.
- “Bad Girls of the Bible” Mondays at 5:30pm and hosted by Sharon Sorensen at her home.
- “Revival” a study by Rev. Adam Hamilton, will be held on Tuesday afternoons at Trinity and led by Pastor Russ. Specific dates and time to come!
- “Disciple Fast Track” Bible study at First-Faith led by Pastor Trudy is held on Tuesdays at 6:45pm.
- “Seizing the Moments” book study by James W. Moore will be held Wednesday afternoons at 1:30pm starting Wednesday, August 26th in the Fireside Room at First Faith.
- The Young Adults at First-Faith UMC will be doing Adam Hamilton’s study “Seeing Gray in A World of Black & White” starting Sunday, 9/20 at 10:45 am. The study is guided by Lacey Follmer and will meet in Room C.
Youth Activities at UM4GI
- Footprints Youth: Held Sunday evenings from 5:45-7:30pm at First-Faith. Starting with a meal and will continue with worship and fellowship. All youth 6th-12th grades are welcome.
- United Methodist Youth Fellowship: Held on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00pm at Trinity on the 3rd floor. All youth grades 6th-12th grades are welcome to attend.
- Zone: Held Wednesday evenings from 6:30-7:30pm at Trinity. All youth ages K-5th grade are welcome to attend.
- Sudanese Youth: continues to meet Sundays at Trinity at 1pm in the Gathering Place.
- Part-time child care needed at Noah’s Ark in the afternoon. Stop by the Noah’s Ark Director’s Office for an applications.
- Part-time weekend janitor needed at Trinity. Check out the job description on the UM4GI home page or call the church office for any questions.
- First-Faith UMC – “The Quest for Happiness” eight-week worship journey continues led by Pastor Trudy! The worship series will take us on a quest to our deepest interior levels as we explore the deadly sins and their corresponding virtues. Are you ready for an adventure?
- Trinity UMC – Rev. Russ Anderson will be finishing his sermon series on H.O.P.E, preaching on Engagement. This will also be Mission Share Sunday, help the church bring our Mission Shares Offering up to 100%.