Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week for June 24th – July 1st, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
This Week’s Events/Announcements
- Don’t forget to keep the campers and counselors in your prayers this week! Lyz and Braden Garwood and Matt Fowler are deaning the camps; Sebrina Bergmeier, Kara Rieger, and Lucas Venegas are all volunteering as counselors, so please keep them all in your prayers as well as the ten campers UM4GI sent off this week!
- June 27-28 Trinity Worship Services Mark 5: 21-43, Psalm 130: 1-8 A Healing Service with an opportunity to be anointed with healing oil. “Second in Series: Faith in the Storms of Life” Rev. Theresa Mason; Reports from Great Plains Annual Conference.
- Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries The SPRC and Christian Education Task Force has announced that the permanent position for a Director of Family, Youth, and Children’s Ministries would also include coordinating youth ministries (about 10 hours youth ministries and about 30 hours with children and family ministries). Currently, our interim director of Children and Family Ministries, Sebrina Bergmeier, works just with children and families, as did the previous director. To view the entire job description and how to apply, please visit the website at um4gi.org and click on the “Job Description” tab, or you can contact the Trinity UMC office for more information. Application deadline is July 10th.
- Trinity is in need of the following items to use for the upcoming Everest VBS : Climbing Gear, Lanterns, Canvas Sacks, Snow Shoes, Artificial Trees, Wooden Crates, Rope, Pots and Pans, Pillow Stuffing, & Fake Snow. If you have any of these items and are willing to let VBS borrow them, please contact Sebrina Bergmeier at 308-383-1252 or call the church office.
- First-Faith has a list of supplies and food items to be donated for SonSpark VBS. The items will be on a poster in the front entrance. Please take a sticky note and bring back the item for donation.
- Refresh! Free, quality childcare will be available at First-Faith UMC every 2nd and 4th Wednesdays from 9 am – 11:30 am so that moms can run errands or take a break and relax! Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543 with any questions.
- Noah’s Ark is in need of Kleenex, Clorox Wipes, Post It Notes, Phone Message books, Command Strips, Sticky Tak, construction paper, outlet covers, Legos for both girls and boys, board games for school age children, and could even use a digital camera if someone has one to donate! You can drop off these items at Trinity UMC. Thank you!
- UM4GI’s Prayers Shawl ministry continues. If you would like to learn how to make a prayer shawl or make them with others, come to Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday Nights at 6:30 pm. Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Register to participate in First-Faith UMC‘s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2015. Dinner for Fun 2015 is coming! Dinner 4 Fun is people sharing a meal, making new friends, renewing old friendships, and getting to know one another. It is for singles, couples and families. Do you like to cook? OK! If you don’t like to cook, deli food or take-out works also! If you can’t host or be a leader, there are other ways to share in the fun. The hope is that each group will meet together 4 times. Each group will have a leader to organize the group and keep it going, you meet when it works for your group. Your group can plan an after meal activity, such as games, visiting, watching sports, or playing cards, it is up to your group to decide. You can register at either church office or email Joyce McKinny at firstname.lastname@example.org with the information. Questions? Please call Joyce at 308-382-4709.
- Regular Wednesday Evening programming at Trinity UMC and First-Faith UMC (including youth groups, studies, musical groups, & more). See below for more detail!
Upcoming Events/Announcements and Other Opportunities
- Join us at TUMC to conquer challenges with God’s mighty power at Vacation Bible School July 13th to July 17th You will be able to sign up to volunteer also! Contact Sebrina at email@example.com or 308-383-1252 for more information.
- Everest VBS is looking for a small group to provide a kid-friendly meal Tuesday during VBS (July 14th). If this is something you could help with please contact the church office or Sebrina Bergmeier at 308-383-1252.
- First-Faith Vacation Bible School will be held July 19th to July 23rd! Registration will start May 15th. For more information contact Randi Pennell at (308)920-0462 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Shining Light” Performing Arts Camp Monday, July 27 through Friday, July 31 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Trinity United Methodist Church. The camp will be offered for all incoming 6th-12th graders. Registration will be $15, which includes a t-shirt. Registration will be on-line or may be picked up in the office. Deadline for registration is For more information, call Trinity United Methodist at 308-382-1952 . This is a community wide event!
- Publications is currently updating addresses for those who live in skilled care or a nursing home. If you or a loved one lives in skilled care or a nursing home, please notify either UM4GI office of any address updates or changes.
- Do you have an event coming up that you would like to make a video announcement for? We can help! Contact Brandy Doggett in the church office if you have any questions or to set up a time to meet.
- Trinity UMW and First-Faith UMC are collecting “Box Tops for Education” and Campbell’s Labels. These labels are used to purchase educational items to support Epworth Village in York. These labels can be dropped off in the black box on the lower shelf of the UMW library corner in Trinity‘s parlor or in the green tote in Fellowship Hall at First-Faith UMC. If you are not sure which part of the label to save, drop off the entire label and it will be cut down appropriately. Thank You!
- On the first Sunday of the month, it is “Food Pantry Sunday” at First-Faith UMC! Donations can be placed in the “Food Pantry Grocery Cart” in Fellowship Hall at any time. Thank you for your support of the Grand Island Food Pantry!
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
Bible Studies and Small Groups:
- Small Group Bible study, “GOD, As He Longs For Us To See Him” by Chip Ingram, beginning June 4th. The group will be held at the home of Alan and Gena Hess on Thursdays at 7pm. The series will last approximately 10 weeks. Please call Gena Hess (308-737-0126) to sign up and for more information! Anyone is welcome to attend!
- “Why? Making Sense of God’s Will” is a new Adam Hamilton study being offered at Trinity during the summer! The study will be held in the Youth Room at 1pm on Tuesdays beginning June 2. Hamilton provides participants with videos and study guides that will help those attending consider many questions we all have concerning God’s will. If you have questions, call Deb Brummund or the church office for more information!
- Sundays from 5:30 pm-7:00 pm at Rocky and Stacey Salpas house, 1722 Rainbow Road, facilitated by Matt Fowler. They are studying Dare to Dream: Creating a God-Sized Mission Statement for Your Life by Mike Slaughter – but the point is to grow as disciples by connecting deeply with other disciples. Kids play together while adults do life together.