Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week from June 17th-June 24th, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
This Week’s Events/Announcements
- It is not too late to sign up for Summer Camp at Camp Fontanelle, happening June 23rd – 27th! Click here for more information and to download the registration forms!
- Draughts of Faith will meet Thursday, June 19th at 8 pm at Nathan Detroit’s. Come as you are, invite friends, and be spiritually fed!
- All middle/high school youth who are interested in playing basketball indoors are welcome to use Miller Hall at Trinity UMC during open gym time, on Sundays from 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.
- First-Faith UMC seeks a Choir Director who has a musical background with the potential to expand the current musical program and who will be a resource for other musical groups at the church. A full job description can be found at www.um4gi.org. Resumes can be sent to: First-Faith UMC, 4190 W. Capital, Grand Island, NE 68803. Deadline for resumes is July 11th.
- VBS Registration is going on now! Trinity’s “Weird Animals” is scheduled for July 7th – 11th from 6:00 – 8:30 p.m. for children grades preschool through 5th grade. There will be a meal served from 5:30 p.m. – 5:50 p.m. in Miller Hall. Donations are welcome. Children must be accompanied by an adult during meal time. Registration forms can be found at either church office or downloaded here.
- First-Faith’s VBS “SonTreasure Island” is scheduled for July 20th-24th from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. If you would like to volunteer, donate items, or sponsor a child, please contact Randi or Heather. Registration forms can be found at either church office or downloaded here.
- Trinity UMC is ordering name tags! The Evangelism Committee is encouraging everyone to order their own name tag. It will help everyone feel more comfortable calling our fellow attendees by name, and our ministers can get to know our names as well. This will especially be helpful as we get new pastors! Trinity would like each congregation member, children included, to have a name tag. Trinity will be providing them at no cost to you for the first one, you can choose magnetic or pin back and a place will be provided at the church to store your name tag if you wish. You can print off a form here or email your choice of magnetic back or pin back, and how you would like your name to read on your name tag to email@example.com. Make sure to include all family members!
- Publications is currently updating addresses for those who live in skilled care or a nursing home. If you or a loved one lives in skilled care or a nursing home, please notify either UM4GI office of any address updates or changes.
- Trinity UMW is collecting “Box Tops for Education” and Campbell’s Labels. These labels are used to purchase educational items to support Epworth Village in York. These labels can be dropped off in the black box on the lower shelf of the UMW library corner in Trinity‘s parlor. If you are not sure which part of the label to save, drop off the entire label and it will be cut down appropriately. Thank you!
- UM4GI’s Prayers Shawl ministry continues. If you would like to learn how to make a prayer shawl or make them with others, come to Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday Nights at 6:30 p.m. Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Register to participate in First-Faith’s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2014.
- Regular Wednesday Evening programming at Trinity UMC and First-Faith UMC (including youth groups, studies, musical groups, & more). See below for more detail!
Upcoming Events/Announcements and Other Opportunities
- Refresh – free quality child care will be available at First-Faith UMC on June 25th from 9am – noon, so that moms can take a break to relax! Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543.
- The next JFON-NE Immigration Clinic will be held on June 26th at 5:30 p.m. in Trinity‘s Youth Room. For more information, contact Deb Brummund or Christy Horky, JFON-NE co-coordinators.
- Pitch Night! First-Faith UMC would like to invite anyone that would like to join in cards and conversation to come to First-Faith UMC on June 30th at 7:00 p.m.
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups
- Women of Faith Study: Overcoming Worry (Finding Peace in the Midst of Uncertainty) by Margaret Feinberg on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. at Sharon Sorensen’s House (1717 W. Charles) or call Sharon at 382-7543.
- Women’s Study on Wednesdays at 1:30pm at First-Faith UMC‘s Fireside Room.
- Chancel Choir at First-Faith UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm at First-Faith UMC.
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
Groups on summer break until the fall:
- Upper Room Study Group with Pastor Matt on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC Parlor.
- Series on the Psalms Study: Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Mom’s Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at Trinity UMC in the Parlor outside Gollaher Chapel.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- ReCHARGE: A group of young adults (18-40ish), meets for fellowship and discussion on Wednesday evenings in Trinity UMC‘s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m.
- Chancel Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm in the Choir Room (downstairs).
- Handbell Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 8pm (downstairs next to the Choir Room).
- F7: F-7 will be on summer break. Be looking for information this fall!
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.