Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week from June 2nd-June 10th, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
This Week’s Events/Announcements
- WEAR RED to celebrate Pentecost at all UM4GI services on Saturday, June 7th and Sunday, June 8th.
- The Parish Nurse will be taking blood pressures before and after services this weekend, June 7th and 8th in Trinity‘s Conference Room.
- First-Faith UMM Steak Feed will be held on Tuesday, June 10th at 6:00 p.m. at Stolley Park. Cost is $10 per person. Please bring table service for yourself and a side to share. RSVP to Doug Ferguson at 383-6055 or Bob Trosper at 384-8682 by June 8th. All men are welcome to come out for fellowship and fun!
- Register today for Summer Camp! F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely On God) and F.R.O.G.G.E.D. (Fully Rely On God’s Grace Every Day) camp at Camp Fontanelle will be June 23rd – June 27th, 2014. F.R.O.G. camp will be for children that have completed grades 5 – 8. F.R.O.G.G.E.D. camp is for children who have completed grades 9 -12. Registration forms can be found at either church office or here.
- VBS Registration is going on now! Trinity’s “Weird Animals” is scheduled for July 7th – 11th from 6:00 – 8:30 p.m. for children grades preschool through 5th grade. There will be a meal served from 5:30 p.m. – 5:50 p.m. in Miller Hall. Donations are welcome. Children must be accompanied by an adult during meal time. Registration forms can be found at either church office or downloaded here.
- First-Faith’s VBS “SonTreasure Island” is scheduled for July 20th-24th from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. If you would like to volunteer, donate items, or sponsor a child, please contact Randi or Heather. Registration forms can be found at either church office or downloaded here.
- UM4GI’s Prayers Shawl ministry continues. If you would like to learn how to make a prayer shawl or make them with others, come to Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday Nights at 6:30 p.m. Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Register to participate in First-Faith’s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2014.
- Regular Wednesday Evening programming at Trinity UMC and First-Faith UMC (including youth groups, studies, musical groups, & more). See below for more detail!
Upcoming Events/Announcements and Other Opportunities
- Refresh, free quality child care will be available at First-Faith UMC on June 11th from 9 am – noon so that Mom’s can run errands or take a break. Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543 for more information or to sign up.
- First-Faith Lunch Bunch will take place at First-Faith UMC on Wednesday, June 11th at noon with a potluck lunch and games to follow.
- Pastor Chad’s Farewell Reception will be held on Sunday, June 15th at First-Faith UMC. There will be a special recognition during worship and a reception to follow in Fellowship Hall. If you wish to contribute to Chad’s farewell gift, please send your gift to the First-Faith office or place in the offering plate ear-marked “Chad’s farewell gift”.
- There will be a retirement reception for Rev. Dr. Jim Keyser at Lincoln’s Trinity UMC. It will be held June 22nd from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. If you have a special photo or letter to share, you can send it to Jill Rickets, c/o Trinity United Methodist Church, 7130 Kentwell Lane, Lincoln, NE 68516 by June 5th.
- The next JFON-NE Immigration Clinic will be held on June 26th at 5:30 p.m. in Trinity‘s Youth Room. For more information, contact Deb Brummund or Christy Horky, JFON-NE co-coordinators.
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups
- Women of Faith Study: Overcoming Worry (Finding Peace in the Midst of Uncertainty) by Margaret Feinberg on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. at Sharon Sorensen’s House (1717 W. Charles) or call Sharon at 382-7543.
- Women’s Study on Wednesdays at 1:30pm at First-Faith UMC‘s Fireside Room.
- Chancel Choir at First-Faith UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm at First-Faith UMC.
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
Groups on summer break until the fall:
- Upper Room Study Group with Pastor Matt on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC Parlor.
- Series on the Psalms Study: Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Mom’s Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at Trinity UMC in the Parlor outside Gollaher Chapel.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- ReCHARGE: A group of young adults (18-40ish), meets for fellowship and discussion on Wednesday evenings in Trinity UMC‘s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m.
- Chancel Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm in the Choir Room (downstairs).
- Handbell Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 8pm (downstairs next to the Choir Room).
- F7: F-7 will be on summer break. Be looking for information this fall!
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.