Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week from May 6th -May 13th, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
- LIFE High School Youth Group will be having their Senior Night Hot Dog Roast at the farm of Niels McDermott on Wednesday, May 7th.
- Summer Intern Andy Glig will be moving into the Youth House on Friday, May 9th and starting on Monday, May 12th. Help us in welcoming Andy back for the summer!
- The Disaster Response Training (ERT Training) has been CANCELLED for Saturday, May 10th. The class will be rescheduled, although no date has been selected at this time. The VIM Leader Training will still go on as planned on May 10th at Trinity UMC in Miller Hall.
- Reminder – there will be NO Sunday School at Trinity UMC on Sunday, May 11th. Summer Sunday School will start on May 18th.
- UM4GI’s Prayers Shawl ministry continues. If you would like to learn how to make a prayer shawl or make them with others, come to Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday Nights at 6:30 p.m. Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Register to participate in First-Faith’s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2014.
- Regular Wednesday Evening programming at Trinity UMC and First-Faith UMC (including youth groups, studies, musical groups, & more). See below for more detail!
- Noah’s Ark is in need of kleenexes, Lysol and baby wipes. If you would like to donate one of these items, please bring them anytime to Trinity UMC.
- First-Faith Lunch Bunch will be Wednesday, May 14th at noon at First-Faith UMC. Come share in a potluck meal with games to follow!
- Refresh! Free, quality childcare will be available at First-Faith UMC on May 14th from 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. so that moms can run errands or take a break to relax! Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543 to sign up or for questions.
- Draughts of Faith will meet on Thursday, May 15th at 8 p.m. at Nathan Detroit’s on Pine Street downtown. Come as you are, invite friends, and be spiritually fed!
- Trinity UMC will be honoring all UM4GI graduates with a breakfast prepared by Trinity’s UMM. Sunday, May 18th at 8:30 a.m. in Miller Hall. Please RSVP to the church office at 382-1952 if you will be attending. Seniors, please send a baby picture and senior picture to Trinity’s church office or email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may put it into a slide show presentation. Seniors will also be recognized at the 9:30 a.m. service that morning after the brunch.
- Great Plains UMM Cowboy Trail Bike Ride or Walk is coming up! It will be on May 24th, starting with a breakfast at 7 a.m. in Norfolk, NE. You can walk, ride, or donate. Lunch will be provided on return. Register here by May 14th.
- Pastor Bob’s Farewell Reception will be held on Sunday, June 1st at 2:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC in Miller Hall. Presentation will be at 4:15 pm. If you wish to contribute to Bob’s farewell gift, please send your gift to the Trinity office or place in the offering plate ear-marked “Bob’s farewell gift”.
- Pastor Chad’s Farewell Reception will be held on Sunday, June 15th at First-Faith UMC. There will be a special recognition during worship and a reception to follow in Fellowship Hall. If you wish to contribute to Chad’s farewell gift, please send your gift to the First-Faith office or place in the offering plate ear-marked “Chad’s farewell gift”.
- Register for Summer Camp! F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely On God) and F.R.O.G.G.E.D. (Fully Rely On God’s Grace Every Day) camp at Camp Fontanelle will be June 23rd – June 27th, 2014. F.R.O.G. camp will be for children that have completed grades 5 – 8. F.R.O.G.G.E.D. camp is for children who have completed grades 9 -12. Registration forms can be found at either church office or here.
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups
- Women of Faith Study: Overcoming Worry (Finding Peace in the Midst of Uncertainty) by Margaret Feinberg on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. at Sharon Sorensen’s House (1717 W. Charles) or call Sharon at 382-7543.
- Upper Room Study Group with Pastor Matt on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC Parlor.
- Series on the Psalms Study: Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Mom’s Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at Trinity UMC in the Parlor outside Gollaher Chapel.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- ReCHARGE: A group of young adults (18-40ish), meets for fellowship and discussion on Wednesday evenings in Trinity’s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m.
- Chancel Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm in the Choir Room (downstairs).
- Handbell Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 8pm (downstairs next to the Choir Room).
- Chancel Choir at First-Faith UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm at First-Faith UMC.
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
- Women’s Study on Wednesdays at 1:30pm at First-Faith UMC‘s Fireside Room.
- F7: F-7 will be on summer break. Be looking for information this fall!
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.