Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week from May 20th -May 27th, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
This Week’s Events/Announcements
- Disaster Recovery for Beaver Crossing! United Methodists wanting to help can do so through their local church offering by writing #975 in the memo line. There is also a volunteer check-in set up at a gym in Utica, NE at 4th and F Streets that volunteers can check in at and get an assignment.
- Please help us welcome our new summer interns, Andy Gilg and Logan Henning. They will be assisting with worship, children programming and many other opportunities this summer.
- Wednesday, May 21st will be the final meetings of Moms’ Group, ReCharge and AWAKEN (middle school youth) until September 3rd. ZONE and LIFE are already on summer break.
- Register today for Summer Camp! F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely On God) and F.R.O.G.G.E.D. (Fully Rely On God’s Grace Every Day) camp at Camp Fontanelle will be June 23rd – June 27th, 2014. F.R.O.G. camp will be for children that have completed grades 5 – 8. F.R.O.G.G.E.D. camp is for children who have completed grades 9 -12. Registration forms can be found at either church office or here.
- UM4GI’s church offices will be CLOSED in observance of Memorial Day on Monday, May 26th. Starting on Tuesday, May 27th, Trinity UMC’s office hours will be 8 am – 4 pm through the summer.
- First-Faith UMC will be having Pitch Night on Monday, May 26th at 7:00 p.m. Come out and join in cards and conversation!
- Refresh, free quality childcare will be available at First-Faith UMC on Wednesday, May 28th from 9:00 am – 12:00 p.m. so that moms can run errands or take a break and relax!
- UM4GI’s Prayers Shawl ministry continues. If you would like to learn how to make a prayer shawl or make them with others, come to Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday Nights at 6:30 p.m. Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Register to participate in First-Faith’s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2014.
- Regular Wednesday Evening programming at Trinity UMC and First-Faith UMC (including youth groups, studies, musical groups, & more). See below for more detail!
Upcoming Events/Announcements and Other Opportunities
- Job Opportunities! Trinity UMC has an opening for a full time custodian. The job description and more information can be found here. First-Faith UMC has has opening for a Choir Director. The job description and more information can be found here.
- Pastor Bob’s Farewell Reception will be held on Sunday, June 1st at 2:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC in Miller Hall. Presentation will be at 4:15 pm. If you wish to contribute to Bob’s farewell gift, please send your gift to the Trinity office or place in the offering plate ear-marked “Bob’s farewell gift”.
- First-Faith UMM Steak Feed will be held on Tuesday, June 10th at 6:00 p.m. at Stolley Park. Cost is $10 per person. Please bring table service for yourself and a side to share. RSVP to Doug Ferguson at 383-6055 or Bob Trosper at 384-8682 by June 8th. All men are welcome to come out for fellowship and fun!
- Pastor Chad’s Farewell Reception will be held on Sunday, June 15th at First-Faith UMC. There will be a special recognition during worship and a reception to follow in Fellowship Hall. If you wish to contribute to Chad’s farewell gift, please send your gift to the First-Faith office or place in the offering plate ear-marked “Chad’s farewell gift”.
- There will be a retirement reception for Rev. Dr. Jim Keyser at Lincoln’s Trinity UMC. It will be held June 22nd from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. If you have a special photo or letter to share, you can send it to Jill Rickets, c/o Trinity United Methodist Church, 7130 Kentwell Lane, Lincoln, NE 68516 by June 5th.
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups
- Women of Faith Study: Overcoming Worry (Finding Peace in the Midst of Uncertainty) by Margaret Feinberg on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. at Sharon Sorensen’s House (1717 W. Charles) or call Sharon at 382-7543.
- Upper Room Study Group with Pastor Matt on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC Parlor.
- Women’s Study on Wednesdays at 1:30pm at First-Faith UMC‘s Fireside Room.
- Chancel Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm in the Choir Room (downstairs).
- Handbell Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 8pm (downstairs next to the Choir Room).
- Chancel Choir at First-Faith UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm at First-Faith UMC.
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
Groups on summer break until the fall:
- Series on the Psalms Study: Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Mom’s Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at Trinity UMC in the Parlor outside Gollaher Chapel.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- ReCHARGE: A group of young adults (18-40ish), meets for fellowship and discussion on Wednesday evenings in Trinity UMC’s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m.
- F7: F-7 will be on summer break. Be looking for information this fall!
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.