Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week from May 13th -May 20th, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
- First-Faith Lunch Bunch will be Wednesday, May 14th at noon at First-Faith UMC. Come share in a potluck meal with games to follow!
- Refresh! Free, quality childcare will be available at First-Faith UMC on May 14th from 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. so that moms can run errands or take a break to relax! Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543 to sign up or for questions.
- Wednesday, May 14th will be the last meeting for the summer for the ZONE (children) and LIFE (high school youth) small groups until September 3rd. Wednesday, May 21st will be the final meetings of Mom’s Group, ReCharge and AWAKEN (middle school youth) until September 3rd.
- Trinity UMC will have a Church Conference on Thursday, May 15th at 7 pm in the youth room. The business will include recommendations from the Endowment Committee, Lay Servants, and other critical business. Rev. Lance Clay, District Superintendent will lead it. This is open to the church, as well as Administrative Council.
- Draughts of Faith will meet on Thursday, May 15th at 8 p.m. at Nathan Detroit’s on Pine Street downtown. Come as you are, invite friends, and be spiritually fed!
- Trinity UMC will be honoring all Trinity high school graduates with a breakfast prepared by Trinity’s UMM. Sunday, May 18th at 8:30 a.m. in Miller Hall. Please RSVP to the church office at 382-1952 if you will be attending. Seniors, please send a baby picture and senior picture to Trinity’s church office or email email@example.com so that we may put it into a slide show presentation. Seniors will also be recognized at the 9:30 a.m. service that morning after the brunch.
- Prime Timers! Come share in games and a chicken salad lunch on Tuesday, May 20th. Games start at 10 am and please rsvp to Trinity’s church office by Friday, May 16th.
- Great Plains UMM Cowboy Trail Bike Ride or Walk is coming up! It will be on May 24th, starting with a breakfast at 7 a.m. in Norfolk, NE. You can walk, ride, or donate. Lunch will be provided on return. Register here by May 14th.
- UM4GI’s Prayers Shawl ministry continues. If you would like to learn how to make a prayer shawl or make them with others, come to Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday Nights at 6:30 p.m. Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Register to participate in First-Faith’s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2014.
- Regular Wednesday Evening programming at Trinity UMC and First-Faith UMC (including youth groups, studies, musical groups, & more). See below for more detail!
- Job Opportunities! Trinity UMC has an opening for a full time custodian. The job description and more information can be found here. First-Faith UMC has has opening for a Choir Director. The job description and more information can be found here.
- Pastor Bob’s Farewell Reception will be held on Sunday, June 1st at 2:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC in Miller Hall. Presentation will be at 4:15 pm. If you wish to contribute to Bob’s farewell gift, please send your gift to the Trinity office or place in the offering plate ear-marked “Bob’s farewell gift”.
- Faith UMM Steak Feed will be held on Tuesday, June 10th at 6:00 p.m. at Stolley Park. Cost is $10 per person and they request that you bring table service for yourself and a side to share. RSVP to Doug Ferguson at 383-6055 or Bob Trosper at 384-8682 by June 8th. Come out for fellowship and fun!
- Pastor Chad’s Farewell Reception will be held on Sunday, June 15th at First-Faith UMC. There will be a special recognition during worship and a reception to follow in Fellowship Hall. If you wish to contribute to Chad’s farewell gift, please send your gift to the First-Faith office or place in the offering plate ear-marked “Chad’s farewell gift”.
- Register for Summer Camp! F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely On God) and F.R.O.G.G.E.D. (Fully Rely On God’s Grace Every Day) camp at Camp Fontanelle will be June 23rd – June 27th, 2014. F.R.O.G. camp will be for children that have completed grades 5 – 8. F.R.O.G.G.E.D. camp is for children who have completed grades 9 -12. Registration forms can be found at either church office or here.
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups
- Women of Faith Study: Overcoming Worry (Finding Peace in the Midst of Uncertainty) by Margaret Feinberg on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. at Sharon Sorensen’s House (1717 W. Charles) or call Sharon at 382-7543.
- Upper Room Study Group with Pastor Matt on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC Parlor.
- Series on the Psalms Study: *On summer break and will resume in the fall* Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Mom’s Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at Trinity UMC in the Parlor outside Gollaher Chapel.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- ReCHARGE: A group of young adults (18-40ish), meets for fellowship and discussion on Wednesday evenings in Trinity’s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m.
- Chancel Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm in the Choir Room (downstairs).
- Handbell Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 8pm (downstairs next to the Choir Room).
- Chancel Choir at First-Faith UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm at First-Faith UMC.
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
- Women’s Study on Wednesdays at 1:30pm at First-Faith UMC‘s Fireside Room.
- F7: F-7 will be on summer break. Be looking for information this fall!
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.