Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week from April 29th -May 6th, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
- LIFE Youth Group raised $320 for the Mid-Plains Foster Care Program at their benefit spaghetti supper last Wednesday! Wonderful job, youth! On Wednesday, April 30th they will be cleaning the Youth House, preparing for the interns coming this summer. On May 7th, they will be having a Senior Night hot dog roast at the farm of Niels McDermott. The last night for the year will be May 14th and plan to play a fun game with Pastor Bob. They also hope to go on a trip to Kansas City this summer!
- Church Women United May Friendship Salad Supper will be in Trinity‘s Miller Hall on May 2nd at 6:30 p.m. All women are invited! Tickets are $6, available from Jane Mitchell (381-4302), Geri Hoagland (384-3439), or any UM Women. You can also call Donna Cargill (384-2728) for reservations. Paper products are being collected for Hope Harbor.
- Sermon Series on Acts starts this weekend! “Acting Out”: a sermon series from the book of Acts is about what it means to be followers of the resurrected Jesus. UM4GI pastors periodically rotate so that all UM people people have opportunites to connect with each pastor, to hear the gospel through others, and to see how we are connected together as UM4GI. The preaching schedule for May 3rd-4th will have Chad Boling preaching at First-Faith and Theresa Mason preaching at Trinity. Plan to attend worship in May at either UM4GI church for this engaging sermon series.
- First-Faith UMC will be having a Confirmation Recognition during the 9:30 am worship service at First-Faith UMC. Following the service, there will be a potluck brunch honoring the confirmands and graduates. All confirmands and families are encouraged to attend!
- First-Faith UMC will be honoring their graduates and all UM4GI confirmands on May 4th after the 9:30 a.m. worship service with brunch. Everyone is invited to attend this potluck brunch – you can bring rolls, breakfast bars, fruit or juice.
- Sunday, May 4th will be Trinity’s End of the Year Sunday School picnic. Trinity’s education committee is inviting all UM4GI families and friends to this annual event. Come and join us Sunday, May 4th at 12:15 p.m. at Grace Abbott Park. Sunday School families can sign up on the bulletin board located in the Sunday school hallway at Trinity to bring hot dogs and all the fixin’s. Guests are welcome to bring a side dish or snack to share. Come on out to help celebrate our children’s Sunday school ministry, enjoy the fresh air, play in the park, fellowship, eat and decorate cupcakes. Hope to see you there!
- Registration is open for Volunteers in Mission team leaders’ training. It will be held Saturday, May 10th at Trinity UMC (Miller Hall) from 9 a.m – 3 p.m. Cost is $30.00 per person, which includes lunch and training materials. Click here to register online by May 3rd.
- Registration is open for Early Response training. A diaster strikes and you want to volunteer? Get trained to become an Early Response Team member now! It will be held Saturday, May 10th at Trinity UMC (Youth Room) from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Cost is $25.00 per person, which includes meal, training materials, t-shirt and ERT badge. Click here to register online by May 3rd.
- Register to participate in First-Faith’s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2014.
- Regular Wednesday Evening programming at Trinity UMC and First-Faith UMC (including youth groups, studies, musical groups, & more). See below for more detail!
- Would you like to support Katelyn Sybrandts, a 5 year old with cancer, by purchasing a TEAM KATELYN shirt? You may order one through Michelle Thorn (380-8229), Sebrina Bergmeier (383-1252) or Brenda Cochran (390-5643).
- Noah’s Ark is in need of kleenexes, Lysol and baby wipes. If you would like to donate one of these items, please bring them anytime to Trinity UMC.
- First-Faith Lunch Bunch will be Wednesday, May 14th at noon at First-Faith UMC. Come share in a potluck meal with games to follow!
- Refresh! Free, quality childcare will be available at First-Faith UMC on May 14th from 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. so that moms can run errands or take a break to relax! Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543 to sign up or for questions.
- Draughts of Faith will meet on Thursday, May 15th at 8 p.m. at Nathan Detroit’s on Pine Street downtown. Come as you are, invite friends, and be spiritually fed!
- Trinity UMC will be honoring all UM4GI graduates with a breakfast prepared by Trinity’s UMM. Sunday, May 18th at 8:30 a.m. in Miller Hall. Please RSVP to the church office at 382-1952 if you will be attending. Seniors, please send a baby picture and senior picture to Trinity’s church office or email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may put it into a slide show presentation. Seniors will also be recognized at the 9:30 a.m. service that morning after the brunch.
- No Sunday school on May 11th and summer Sunday school will start on May 18th for Trinity UMC.
- Great Plains UMM Cowboy Trail Bike Ride or Walk is coming up! It will be on May 24th, starting with a breakfast at 7 a.m. in Norfolk, NE. You can walk, ride, or donate. Lunch will be provided on return. Register here by May 14th.
- UM4GI’s Prayers Shawl ministry continues. If you would like to learn how to make a prayer shawl or make them with others, come to Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday Nights at 6:30 p.m. Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Register for Summer Camp! F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely On God) and F.R.O.G.G.E.D. (Fully Rely On God’s Grace Every Day) camp at Camp Fontanelle will be June 23rd – June 27th, 2014. F.R.O.G. camp will be for children that have completed grades 5 – 8. F.R.O.G.G.E.D. camp is for children who have completed grades 9 -12. Registration forms can be found at either church office or here.
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups
- Women of Faith Study: Overcoming Worry (Finding Peace in the Midst of Uncertainty) by Margaret Feinberg on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. at Sharon Sorensen’s House (1717 W. Charles) or call Sharon at 382-7543.
- Upper Room Study Group with Pastor Matt on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC Parlor.
- Series on the Psalms Study: Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Mom’s Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at Trinity UMC in the Parlor outside Gollaher Chapel.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- ReCHARGE: A group of young adults (18-40ish), meets for fellowship and discussion on Wednesday evenings in Trinity’s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m.
- Chancel Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm in the Choir Room (downstairs).
- Handbell Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 8pm (downstairs next to the Choir Room).
- Chancel Choir at First-Faith UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm at First-Faith UMC.
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
- Women’s Study on Wednesdays at 1:30pm at First-Faith UMC‘s Fireside Room.
- F7: F-7 will be on summer break. Be looking for information this fall!
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.