Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week for April 29th – May 5th, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
This Week’s Events/Announcements
- Church Women United Salad Supper will be Friday, May 1st at 6:30 p.m. at Messiah Lutheran Church at 7th and Locust Street. Tickets are $6 and can be purchased at the door. For more information, contact Donna Cargill at 384-2728.
- Trinity’s End of the Year Sunday School Picnic is coming up! On Sunday, May 3rd at Grace Abbott Park at noon. Bring your favorite picnic food to share, the United Methodist Men are grilling the hotdogs, and United Methodist Women will provide cupcakes for decorating. It will be fun for all ages!
- Trustee Spring Cleaning at Trinity UMC this Saturday, May 2nd at 9:00 am. This is the annual work day sponsored by the Trinity Trustees. Come help spruce up the church lots!
- Noah’s Ark is in need of Kleenex, Clorox Wipes, Post It Notes, Phone Message books, Command Strips, Sticky Tak, construction paper, outle covers, notebooks to write in, and could even use a digital camera if someone has one to donate! You can drop off these items at Trinity UMC. Thank you!
- UM4GI’s Prayers Shawl ministry continues. If you would like to learn how to make a prayer shawl or make them with others, come to Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday Nights at 6:30 pm. Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Register to participate in First-Faith UMC‘s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2015. Dinner for Fun 2015 is coming! Dinner 4 Fun is people sharing a meal, making new friends, renewing old friendships, and getting to know one another. It is for singles, couples and families. Do you like to cook? OK! If you don’t like to cook, deli food or take-out works also! If you can’t host or be a leader, there are other ways to share in the fun. The hope is that each group will meet together 4 times. Each group will have a leader to organize the group and keep it going, you meet when it works for your group. Your group can plan an after meal activity, such as games, visiting, watching sports, or playing cards, it is up to your group to decide. You can register at either church office or email Joyce McKinny at email@example.com with the information. Questions? Please call Joyce at 308-382-4709.
- Regular Wednesday Evening programming at Trinity UMC and First-Faith UMC (including youth groups, studies, musical groups, & more). See below for more detail!
Upcoming Events/Announcements and Other Opportunities
- If you would like to donate to support the disaster relief efforts in Nepal in response to the recent earthquake, please annotate “Nepal’ in the memo box for any checks or donations during offering.
- First-Faith Graduation Brunch! Join us on Sunday, May 10th during fellowship time between the two services at First-Faith UMC for a Graduation Breakfast Brunch! You will have the opportunity to congratulate graduating seniors and wish them luck on their future endeavors.
- Refresh! Free, quality childcare will be available at First-Faith UMC on May 13th from 9 am – 11:30 am so that moms can run errands or take a break and relax! Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543 with any questions.
- May 17th will be the last day of Sunday School at First-Faith UMC. Thank you to everyone for making it a great year! Join us for a “Sunday School Finale” with games.
- ESL Classes Need Volunteers! The ESL classes that meet Mondays at 7:00 p.m. in Trinity‘s Gathering Place is looking for volunteers. You do not speak to speak Spanish to help out, and there are a variety of needs to be filled. Please contact Priscilla Hormachea at 850-5786 or Sarah Fowler if you are interested in helping.
- Save the date for VBS! Join us at TUMC to conquer challenges with God’s mighty power at Vacation Bible School July 13th to July 17th (registration will take place outside the sanctuary on May 10th & 17th!) You will be able to sign up to volunteer also! Contact Sebrina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-383-1252 for more information.
- Join us on Sunday, May 17th at 8:30 am in Miller Hall for the Senior breakfast and recognition. Trinity’s United Methodist Men will cook up a special breakfast for the Seniors and their families. The Seniors will then be recognized at the 9:30 am service. Please RSVP to the church office by Wednesday, May 13th at 382-1952 so that we can get an accurate head count.
- Save the Date for Summer Camp at Fontanelle! Summer camp will be held June 22nd – 26th at Camp Fontanelle. Pastor Matt will dean F.R.O.G.G.E.D. camp for youth grades 9-12, and Lyz and Braden Garwood will dean F.R.O.G. camp for youth grades 5-8. The theme for this year is “Power Up!” Living in the Spirit is about learning how to live a life powered by the Holy Spirit. It is a fun way to learn how you can be a follower of Jesus Christ. Scholarships will be available based upon need. Talk to Pastor Matt if you have questions.
- Publications is currently updating addresses for those who live in skilled care or a nursing home. If you or a loved one lives in skilled care or a nursing home, please notify either UM4GI office of any address updates or changes.
- Trinity UMC is ordering name tags! The Evangelism Committee is encouraging everyone to order their own name tag. It will help everyone feel more comfortable calling our fellow attendees by name, and our ministers can get to know our names as well. This will especially be helpful as we get new pastors! Trinity would like each congregation member, children included, to have a name tag. Trinity will be providing them at no cost to you for the first one, you can choose magnetic or pin back and a place will be provided at the church to store your name tag if you wish. You can print off a form here or email your choice of magnetic back or pin back, and how you would like your name to read on your name tag to email@example.com. Make sure to include all family members!
- Trinity UMW and First-Faith UMC are collecting “Box Tops for Education” and Campbell’s Labels. These labels are used to purchase educational items to support Epworth Village in York. These labels can be dropped off in the black box on the lower shelf of the UMW library corner in Trinity‘s parlor or in the green tote in Fellowship Hall at First-Faith UMC. If you are not sure which part of the label to save, drop off the entire label and it will be cut down appropriately. Thank You!
- On the first Sunday of the month, it is “Food Pantry Sunday” at First-Faith UMC! Donations can be placed in the “Food Pantry Grocery Cart” in Fellowship Hall at any time. Thank you for your support of the Grand Island Food Pantry!
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!