Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week from April 22nd -April 29th, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
- Refresh! Free quality childcare will be available at First-Faith UMC on April 23rd from 9:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. so that parents can run errands or take a break to relax! Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543 for more information.
- LIFE Youth Group Fundraiser Meal: The Life Youth Group will be sponsoring a benefit supper with cash donations going to Mid-Plains Center Foster Care Parent Program. It will be held Wednesday, April 23rd from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. in Miller Hall at Trinity UMC. We will be having spaghetti with garlic bread and desserts. The Mid-Plains Center has been looking after the needs of vulnerable children and young people in Central Nebraska for over 20 years, unlike any other foster care program. This will happen right before the Justice For Our Neighbors-Nebraska consecration service at 7:30 pm, so come, eat and join us for the JFON-NE service!
- Get involved with Justice For Our Neighbors – Nebraska (JFON-NE) through UM4GI. There will be a consecration service for the start-up of the JFON-NE clinic on Wednesday, April 23rd at 7:30 p.m. at Trinity. There will be a training workshop for volunteers at 5:30 p.m., followed by the blessing service at 7:30 p.m. Contact Pastor Theresa Mason at (308) 382-1952, Pastor Chad Boling at (308) 384-5620, or clinic coordinators Debbra Brummand or Christy Horky for more information.
- Spring Clean-up has been set for Trinity UMC! Come out Saturday, April 26th from 9am – 11am. Come out and help spruce up the church grounds!!
- Confirmation Sunday is this weekend! A brunch for the confirmands, families and mentors will be held Sunday, April 27th at 9:30 a.m. in Miller Hall at Trinity UMC. Confirmation will be afterwards during the 11:00 a.m. service at Trinity UMC. On Sunday, May 4th at 9:30 a.m. there will be a confirmation recognition at First-Faith UMC to introduce the confirmands to the congregation. Please plan to attend either service to welcome and meet the 2014 Confirmation Class!
- Pitch Night! First-Faith UMC would like to invite anyone who would like to join in cards and conversation to come to First-Faith UMC on April 28th at 7:00 p.m.!
- Register to participate in First-Faith’s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2014.
- Regular Wednesday Evening programming at Trinity UMC and First-Faith UMC (including youth groups, studies, musical groups, & more). See below for more detail!
- GIPS Food for Thought: Donations needed for the month of April is laundry detergent. Donations can be dropped off at any UM4GI church!
- Noah’s Ark is in need of kleenexes, Lysol and baby wipes. If you would like to donate one of these items, please bring them anytime to Trinity UMC.
- Church Women United May Friendship Salad Supper will be in Trinity‘s Miller Hall on May 2nd at 6:30 p.m. All women are invited! Tickets are $6, available from Jane Mitchell (381-4302), Geri Hoagland (384-3439), or any UM Women. You can also call Donna Cargill (384-2728) for reservations. Paper products are being collected for Hope Harbor.
- Save the Date! Sunday, May 4th will be Trinity’s End of the Year Sunday School picnic. Trinity’s education committee is inviting all UM4GI families and friends to this annual event. Come and join us Sunday, May 4th at 12:15 p.m. at Grace Abbott Park. Sunday School families can sign up on the bulletin board located in the Sunday school hallway at Trinity to bring hot dogs and all the fixin’s. Guests are welcome to bring a side dish or snack to share. Come on out to help celebrate our children’s Sunday school ministry, enjoy the fresh air, play in the park, fellowship, eat and decorate cupcakes. Hope to see you there!
- First-Faith UMC will be honoring their graduates and all UM4GI confirmands at a on May 4th after the 9:30 a.m. worship service. Everyone is invited to attend this potluck brunch – you can bring rolls, breakfast bars, fruit or juice.
- Trinity UMC will be honoring all UM4GI graduates with a breakfast prepared by Trinity’s UMM. Sunday, May 18th at 8:30 a.m. in Miller Hall. Please RSVP to the church office at 382-1952 if you will be attending. Seniors, please send a baby picture and senior picture to Trinity’s church office or email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may be put into a slide show presentation. Seniors will also be recognized at the 9:30 a.m. service that morning after the brunch.
- No Sunday school on May 11th and summer Sunday school will start on May 18th for Trinity UMC.
- UM4GI’s Prayers Shawl ministry continues. If you would like to learn how to make a prayer shawl or make them with others, come to Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday Nights at 6:30 p.m. Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups
- Women of Faith Study: Overcoming Worry (Finding Peace in the Midst of Uncertainty) by Margaret Feinberg on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. at Sharon Sorensen’s House (1717 W. Charles) or call Sharon at 382-7543.
- Upper Room Study Group with Pastor Matt on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC Parlor.
- Series on the Psalms Study: Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Mom’s Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at Trinity UMC in the Parlor outside Gollaher Chapel.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- ReCHARGE: A group of young adults (18-40ish), meets for fellowship and discussion on Wednesday evenings in Trinity’s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m.
- Chancel Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm in the Choir Room (downstairs).
- Handbell Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 8pm (downstairs next to the Choir Room).
- Chancel Choir at First-Faith UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm at First-Faith UMC.
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Connections Support Group on Thursdays from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC.
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
- Women’s Study on Wednesdays at 1:30pm at First-Faith UMC‘s Fireside Room.
- F7: May’s F-7 event will be the End of the Year Picnic. Bring the whole family to Grace Abbott Park on Sunday, May 4th at 12:15 p.m.!
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.