Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week from March 4th-March 10th, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
- Ash Wednesday services will be held Wednesday, March 5th. There will be a 12:15 p.m. service in Gollaher Chapel at Trinity UMC and a 7:00 p.m. service with the Bell Choir in the sanctuary at Trinity UMC.
- World Day of Prayer is Friday, March 7th. Church Women United will hold their annual World Day of Prayer at First-Faith UMC on March 7th at 9:30 a.m.. All are welcome to attend – please bring paper products to donate to Hope Harbor.
- Register for the Prairie Rivers District Youth Lock-In! “Midnight Madness” will be held March 21st 8:30 p.m. – March 22nd 6:00 a.m. at the Hastings Museum and Hastings YMCA. You can view the “Midnight Madness” informational flier here. If you would like to attend, please fill out the Youth registration form here, or the Adult registration form here by March 11th.
- Apply for the Summer Ministry Internship! There will be two intern positions available for the summer of 2014. These positions are full-time from May 12th through August 10th and include a stipend and housing. For more information or to apply, please download the Information Sheet and Application. Deadline to apply is April 1st, 2014.
- Help volunteer for the 4th Annual Race for Grace on April 5th, 2014 from 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.. This is a great community outreach opportunity for UM4GI! Cheering and traffic control during the Race for Grace. Rain or snow, we will be outside supporting the runners and keeping them safe. All individuals and families are welcome, kids bring smiles to all of the runners! Contact Susan Albers (308.380.3167 or email@example.com) to volunteer.
- Register to participate in First-Faith’s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2014.
- Regular Wednesday Evening programming at Trinity UMC and First-Faith UMC (including youth groups, studies, musical groups, & more). See below for more detail!
- UM4GI’s Prayers Shawl ministry continues. If you would like to learn how to make a prayer shawl or make them with others, come to Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday Nights at 6:30 p.m. Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Get involved with Justice For Our Neighbors (JFON) through UM4GI. Contact Pastor Chad Boling at (308) 384-5620 for more information.
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups
- Women of Faith Study on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. at Sharon Sorensen’s House (Contact Sharon via First-Faith UMC).
- He Set His Face to Jerusalem Del Roper will be leading this study at Alice Kistler’s house (523 W. 9th Street) from 9:30 a.m – 10:30 am on Mondays starting March 3rd. Come early for coffee at 9:00 a.m.!
- Upper Room Study Group with Pastor Matt on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC Parlor.
- Series on the Psalms Study: Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Mom’s Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at Trinity UMC in the Parlor outside Gollaher Chapel.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- ReCHARGE: A group of young adults (18-40ish), meets for fellowship and discussion on Wednesday evenings in Trinity’s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m.
- Chancel Choir at Trinity on Wednesdays at 7pm in the Choir Room (downstairs).
- Handbell Choir at Trinity on Wednesdays at 8pm (downstairs next to the Choir Room).
- Chancel Choir at First-Faith on Wednesdays at 7pm at First-Faith UMC.
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
- Women’s Study on Wednesdays at 1:30pm at First-Faith UMC‘s Fireside Room.
- F7: The next event is Family Movie Night at First-Faith UMC on March 21st from 6:30-8:30 p.m. RSVP to either church office or Mandy Smidt at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, March 19th – this event will not be held if fewer than 4 families RSVP.
- C.O.R.D. (Community of Renegade Disciples): a fellowship group for parents that meet every other month. Contact Kristen Bishop or Pastor Bob for more information.
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.