Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week from March 25th-April 1st, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
- Please join us for the 6th Annual HIV/AIDS Benefit concert at First-Faith UMC on Saturday, March 29th at 7:00 p.m. This year’s concert will have a casual “coffee house” feel. Please bring cookies or bars to share and enjoy the musical talents of Scott Taylor, Peggy Lang, and others! Mission Marketplace will have a “make and take” Jewels of Love project for a small donation before the concert at 6:30 pm or during intermission. Contact Pastor Chad for more information or tickets.
- Attend worship services this weekend! Retired Bishop Ann Sherer-Simpson will preach this weekend at all the UM4GI services. She will be bringing a message that informs and invites us to a deeper missional connection with Epworth Village.
- Purchase tickets for Mission Bowl of Sharing between and after church services this weekend!
- Trinity’s Children’s Choir rehearsal at 10:30 a.m. in Room 3.
- Don’t forget Youth Praise Band “Waves of Grace” will have rehearsal Sunday, March 30th at 3 p.m. in the sanctuary at Trinity UMC.
- It is time to order Easter flowers for Missions! Please drop off your donation by March 30th to First-Faith UMC or by April 11th to Trinity UMC. You may designate your gift in honor of, in memory of, or in celebration of someone or a special event.
- Join us at First-Faith UMC for Pitch Night on March 31st at 7 p.m. for cards and conversation!
- Apply for the Summer Ministry Internship! There will be two intern positions available for the summer of 2014. These positions are full-time from May 12th through August 10th and include a stipend and housing. For more information or to apply, please download the Information Sheet and Application. Deadline to apply is April 1st, 2014.
- The Grand Island Senior High Key Club is once again collecting new and gently used shoes for Soles4Souls. Soles4Souls is a 501(c)3 organization that gives shoes to individuals in need. This year the goal is to collect 15,000 pairs of shoes to distribute locally! Donations can be dropped off at either UM4GI church from March 22nd – April 12th.
- Register to participate in First-Faith’s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2014.
- Regular Wednesday Evening programming at Trinity UMC and First-Faith UMC (including youth groups, studies, musical groups, & more). See below for more detail!
- Help volunteer for the 4th Annual Race for Grace on April 5th, 2014 from 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.. This is a great community outreach opportunity for UM4GI! Cheering and traffic control during the Race for Grace. Rain or snow, we will be outside supporting the runners and keeping them safe. All individuals and families are welcome, kids bring smiles to all of the runners! Contact Susan Albers (308.380.3167 or email@example.com) to volunteer.
- Trinity’s UMW are gearing up for their Annual Spring Rummage Sale! This is a great opportunity to donate your gently used clothing, shoes, books and household items for a great cause. Donations will be accepted April 7th – 9th from 8am – 5pm, please use the NE doors at Trinity UMC to drop off items. The Rummage Sale will take place April 10th from 4 – 7:30 p.m., April 11th 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., and April 12th from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. in Miller Hall at Trinity UMC.
- Refresh! Free, quality child care provided at First-Faith UMC on Wednesday, April 9th from 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. to give parents a chance to run errands or take a break! Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543 for more information or to sign up.
- UM4GI needs candy donations for this year’s Easter Eggstravaganza! Please drop off your donations to either church office by April 9th – remember the candy needs to be individually wrapped and small enough to fit into a plastic egg.
- Tickets went on sale for Mission Bowls of Sharing! Mission Bowls of Sharing will be held April 13th at 5:30 pm. We will start at First-Faith for soup and salad and then move to Trinity for dessert afterwards. Tickets will be sold at both First-Faith UMC and Trinity UMC between and after services. Tickets cost $15 and includes a handmade clay bowl. If you are unable to purchase your tickets at the church, please contact Pastor Chad at First-Faith UMC.
- Get involved with Justice For Our Neighbors (JFON) through UM4GI. There will be a consecration service for the start-up of the JFON clinic on Wednesday, April 23rd at 7:30 p.m. at Trinity. There will be a training workshop for volunteers at 5:30 p.m., followed by the blessing service at 7:30 p.m. Contact Pastor Theresa Mason at (308) 382-1952, Pastor Chad Boling at (308) 384-5620, or clinic coordinators Debbra Brummand or Christy Horky for more information.
- GIPS Food for Thought: Donations needed for the month of March is shampoo. Donations can be dropped off at any UM4GI church!
- UM4GI’s Prayers Shawl ministry continues. If you would like to learn how to make a prayer shawl or make them with others, come to Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday Nights at 6:30 p.m. Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups
- Women of Faith Study on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. at Sharon Sorensen’s House (Contact Sharon via First-Faith UMC).
- He Set His Face to Jerusalem Del Roper will be leading this study at Alice Kistler’s house (523 W. 9th Street) from 9:30 a.m – 10:30 am on Mondays starting March 3rd. Come early for coffee at 9:00 a.m.!
- Upper Room Study Group with Pastor Matt on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC Parlor.
- Series on the Psalms Study: Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Mom’s Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at Trinity UMC in the Parlor outside Gollaher Chapel.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- ReCHARGE: A group of young adults (18-40ish), meets for fellowship and discussion on Wednesday evenings in Trinity’s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m.
- Chancel Choir at Trinity on Wednesdays at 7pm in the Choir Room (downstairs).
- Handbell Choir at Trinity on Wednesdays at 8pm (downstairs next to the Choir Room).
- Chancel Choir at First-Faith on Wednesdays at 7pm at First-Faith UMC.
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
- Women’s Study on Wednesdays at 1:30pm at First-Faith UMC‘s Fireside Room.
- F7: April’s F-7 event will be Easter Eggstravaganza. Bring the whole family to First-Faith on Saturday, April 12th from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. for crafts, fun, and a giant Easter Egg hunt!
- C.O.R.D. (Community of Renegade Disciples): a fellowship group for parents that meet every other month. Contact Kristen Bishop or Pastor Bob for more information.
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.