Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week from February 25th-March 3rd, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
- Refresh: For Parents and Children. Free quality childcare will be available at First-Faith UMC on February 26th 9:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m. so that parents can run errands or take a break and relax! Contact Sharon Sorensen 382-7543.
- Open House for Steve Bradley’s 60th Birthday! Steve Bradley, a member of Trinity UMC, will be turning 60 this year! Come help celebrate this very special occasion during the open house on March 1st from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. in Trinity UMC Miller Hall.
- Commit to your marriage in 2014 by attending the Marriage Encounter Weekend March 14th – 16th in Kearney. Registration deadline is March 1st. For more information, visit encounter.org.
- Register to participate in First-Faith’s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2014.
- Regular Wednesday Evening programming at Trinity UMC and First-Faith UMC (including youth groups, studies, musical groups, & more). See below for more detail!
- UM4GI’s Prayers Shawl ministry continues. If you would like to participate or know someone that could benefit from a prayer shawl, contact Trinity UMC.
- Get involved with Justice For Our Neighbors (JFON) through UM4GI. There will be an information night held on Thursday, February 27th at 6:00 p.m. at First-Faith UMC. We will be showing a DVD about JFON and planning for the upcoming blessing and volunteer training to be held in April.
- Consider joining UM4GI’s Volunteers in Mission Team for their spring mission trip!
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups
- Women of Faith Study on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. at Sharon Sorensen’s House (Contact Sharon via First-Faith UMC).
- He Set His Face to Jerusalem Del Roper will be leading this study at Alice Kistler’s house (523 W. 9th Street) from 9:30 a.m – 10:30 am on Mondays starting March 3rd. Come early for coffee at 9:00 a.m.!
- Upper Room Study Group with Pastor Matt on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC Parlor.
- Series on the Psalms Study: Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Mom’s Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at Trinity UMC in the Parlor outside Gollaher Chapel.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- ReCHARGE: A group of young adults (18-40ish), meets for fellowship and discussion on Wednesday evenings in Trinity’s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m.
- Chancel Choir at Trinity on Wednesdays at 7pm in the Choir Room (downstairs).
- Handbell Choir at Trinity on Wednesdays at 8pm (downstairs next to the Choir Room).
- Chancel Choir at First-Faith on Wednesdays at 7pm at First-Faith UMC.
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
- Women’s Study on Wednesdays at 1:30pm at First-Faith UMC‘s Fireside Room.
- F7: The next event is Family Movie Night at First-Faith UMC on March 21st from 6:30-8:30 p.m. RSVP to either church office or Mandy Smidt at email@example.com by Wednesday, March 19th – this event will not be held if fewer than 4 families RSVP.
- C.O.R.D. (Community of Renegade Disciples): a fellowship group for parents that meet every other month. Contact Kristen Bishop or Pastor Bob for more information.
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.