Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week from December 3rd-10th, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
- Check out all the events and opportunities UM4GI is offering throughout Advent.
- Drop off your themed basket for “Baskets of Love” by December 5th.
- Enjoy a Parents’ Night Out event with F7 on December 6th.
- Enjoy a Christmas Concert put on by the Grand Island City Singers this weekend!
- Pick up an Advent Stocking at worship services and donate “Gifts of Love” this Christmas to support UM4GI Missions.
- UM4GI’s first set of crocheted or knitted prayers shawls will be blessed on December 8th.
- Check out Habitat for Humanity’s Annual Cookie Walk on December 8th!
- Do you struggle with grief during the holidays? UM4GI is offering a Grief Support Group this holiday season on Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Assist those affected by Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines through UMCOR.
- Consider joining an Advent Study Group.
- Volunteer or donate to Toys for Tots this Christmas!
- Pick up a UM4GI Cookbook–they make great stocking stuffers!
- Stop by your church to check out the Noah’s Ark Preschool & Childcare Giving Trees–select an item to donate to Trinity’s childcare program!
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in children’s sizes and polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for the GIPS Food for Thought program and for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups
- Upper Room Study with Pastor Matt on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity.
- Series on the Psalms Study: Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Mom’s Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at First UMC with Sarah Fowler. This group will move to Trinity after Labor Day.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- reCHARGE: A group of young adults (18-40ish), formerly known as Advent Club, meets for fellowship and discussion on Wednesday evenings in Trinity’s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m.
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
- Women of Faith Study on Mondays at 5:30pm at Sharon Sorensen’s House (Contact Sharon via First.Faith UMC).
- F7: Families and friends getting together for food, fun and fellowship on the first Friday of every month from September to May. Contact Mandy Smidt for more information.
- C.O.R.D. (Community of Renegade Disciples): a fellowship group for parents that meet every other month. Contact Kristen Bishop or Pastor Bob for more information.
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.