Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week for December 16th- December 23rd, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
This Week’s Events/Announcements
- Draughts of Faith will next meet on Thursday, December 18th at 8 pm at Nathan Detroit on Pine Street. Please come as you are, invite friends, and be spiritually fed!
- The Trinity Bells will be leading worship at the 9:30 am and 11:00 am services on Sunday, December 21st with Christmas music throughout the service. Come early for the 9:30 service to hear the prelude. Bring your friends and neighbors to hear the Trinity Bells!
- UM4GI will once again have a Blue Christmas Worship Service on Sunday, December 21st at 4:00 pm in Gollaher Chapel at Trinity UMC. If you are grieving from a loss this year or in the past, we invite you to come to this service. If you know of a friend, family member, or neighbor who is grieving, tell them about this service.
- Adult Volunteers Needed for The OneEvent! We still have a need for more volunteers for The OneEvent taking place on January 3rd and 4th, 2015. We need a lot of people for security (really crowd control, usually nothing super difficult) and merchandise sales. We also need someone to be a runner – someone who knows the Grand Island area, that would know where to get things we might need at the last minute. We’ll supply the vehicle for the runner if need be. We also need a doctor or nurse for our first aid area. If you are able to volunteer, here is the link to sign up to volunteer: https://gp-reg.brtapp.com/OneEventVolunteerApp. Thank you!
- Gutter Cleaning! If you know of anyone that needs their gutters cleaned, or if you can help clean gutters, please call Ilene at 382-3684. There will not be a specific date to do this, Ilene will schedule times as calls come in and she has volunteers lined up. Please let Ilene know if you can help out!
- Trinity UMC is ordering name tags! The Evangelism Committee is encouraging everyone to order their own name tag. It will help everyone feel more comfortable calling our fellow attendees by name, and our ministers can get to know our names as well. This will especially be helpful as we get new pastors! Trinity would like each congregation member, children included, to have a name tag. Trinity will be providing them at no cost to you for the first one, you can choose magnetic or pin back and a place will be provided at the church to store your name tag if you wish. You can print off a form here or email your choice of magnetic back or pin back, and how you would like your name to read on your name tag to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include all family members!
- UM4GI’s Prayers Shawl ministry continues. If you would like to learn how to make a prayer shawl or make them with others, come to Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday Nights at 6:30 p.m. Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Register to participate in First-Faith’s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2015.
- Regular Wednesday Evening programming at Trinity UMC and First-Faith UMC (including youth groups, studies, musical groups, & more). See below for more detail!
Upcoming Events/Announcements and Other Opportunities
- Christmas Eve Services will happen on Wednesday, December 24th. First-Faith UMC will have a 5:00 pm Family Candlelight Service with Communion and a 7:00 pm Candlelight Service with Communion. Trinity UMC will have a 5:00 pm Contemporary Candlelight Service, 7:00 pm Chancel Choir Candlelight Service with Communion and a 10:00 pm Trinity Bells Candlelight Service with Communion.
- The church offices will be CLOSED at 12 pm noon on Wednesday, December 24th, and all day on Thursday, December 25th and Friday, December 26th due to the Christmas holiday.
- First-Faith UMC Pitch Night will be Monday, December 29th at 7:00 pm. All are invited for cards and conversation!
- Publications is currently updating addresses for those who live in skilled care or a nursing home. If you or a loved one lives in skilled care or a nursing home, please notify either UM4GI office of any address updates or changes.Trinity UMW and First-Faith UMC are collecting “Box Tops for Education” and Campbell’s Labels. These labels are used to purchase educational items to support Epworth Village in York. These labels can be dropped off in the black box on the lower shelf of the UMW library corner in Trinity‘s parlor or in the green totes outside the sanctuary main doors at First-Faith UMC. If you are not sure which part of the label to save, drop off the entire label and it will be cut down appropriately. Thank You!
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups – Join one Today!
- Women of Faith Study: Discovering Joy in Your Creativity (You are made in the Image of a Creative God ) by Margaret Feinberg on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. at Sharon Sorensen’s House (1717 W. Charles) or call Sharon at 382-7543.
- Step Group: Mondays at 7:00 pm at First-Faith UMC. This is a closed group; please contact Pastor Matt if you are interested in this type of group.
- First-Faith Quilters and Sewers: Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at First-Faith UMC at 9:00 am.
- Lectionary Psalms Study (Will be “Not A Silent Night” during Advent season): Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Women’s Study: Wednesdays at 1:30pm at First-Faith UMC‘s Fireside Room.
- Strong Women: Wednesdays at 3:30pm at First-Faith UMC.
- Hand Bell Choir: Wednesdays at 6:00 pm in the Sanctuary at First-Faith UMC.
- Mom’s Group: Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at Trinity UMC in the Parlor outside Gollaher Chapel.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC in Room 7 and 8. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- Middle School Youth Group: Wednesdays at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm in Trinity UMC‘s Youth Room led by Pastor Matt.
- High School Group: Wednesdays at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm in Trinity UMC’s Tower Room led by Brittany Hesman and Nicole Lucas.
- ReCHARGE: Wednesday evenings in Trinity UMC‘s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m. A group of young adults (18-40ish), meets for fellowship and discussion.
- Chancel Choir at First-Faith UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm at First-Faith UMC.
- Chancel Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm in the Choir Room (downstairs).
- Handbell Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 8pm (downstairs next to the Choir Room).
- Prayer Shawl Ministry at Trinity UMC on Thursdays at 6:30 pm in the Gathering Place. Led by Linda Harris.
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00 am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
- Adult Sunday School on Sundays with Larry or Duane Coates (English) and Pastor Julio Venegas (Spanish). Contact the First-Faith church office with questions.
- Middle School Sunday School on Sundays at First-Faith UMC at 10:45 am led by Pastor Matt.
- Sunday School Youth Ministry on Sundays at Trinity UMC from 1:00-2:00 led by Pastor Theresa.
- Open Hearts Ministry: 2nd Sunday of the month, next meeting January 11, 2015 at 3:00 pm in the Youth Room at Trinity UMC.
- Footprints: Middle and High School Youth at First-Faith UMC from 5:45 -7:30 pm led by Daryl and Annette Glos (390-3224). Supper is included!
- Stephen Ministries contact Kathryn Kluska at 384-8286 at anytime.
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.