Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week from December 10th-17th, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
- Check out all the events and opportunities UM4GI is offering throughout Advent.
- If you are a parent of a young child, check out Refresh, a ministry that offers free quality childcare twice monthly.
- Pick up an Advent Stocking at worship services and donate “Gifts of Love” this Christmas to support UM4GI Missions.
- Bid on a basket for “Baskets of Love” by December 15th.
- Do you struggle with grief during the holidays? UM4GI is offering a Grief Support Group this holiday season on Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m.
- UM4GI’s first set of crocheted or knitted prayers shawls was blessed on December 8th. If you would like to paricipate in the prayer shawl ministry or know someone that could benefit from one, contact Trinity UMC.
- Consider joining an Advent Study Group.
- Volunteer or donate to Toys for Tots this Christmas!
- Pick up a UM4GI Cookbook–they make great stocking stuffers!
- Stop by your church to check out the Noah’s Ark Preschool & Childcare Giving Trees–select an item to donate to Trinity’s childcare program!
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in children’s sizes and polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for the GIPS Food for Thought program and for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups
- Upper Room Study with Pastor Matt on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity.
- Series on the Psalms Study: Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Mom’s Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at First UMC with Sarah Fowler. This group will move to Trinity after Labor Day.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- reCHARGE: A group of young adults (18-40ish), formerly known as Advent Club, meets for fellowship and discussion on Wednesday evenings in Trinity’s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m.
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
- Women of Faith Study on Mondays at 5:30pm at Sharon Sorensen’s House (Contact Sharon via First.Faith UMC).
- F7: Families and friends getting together for food, fun and fellowship on the first Friday of every month from September to May. Contact Mandy Smidt for more information.
- C.O.R.D. (Community of Renegade Disciples): a fellowship group for parents that meet every other month. Contact Kristen Bishop or Pastor Bob for more information.
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.