Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week for January 20th-January 26th as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
- First-Faith UMC – Footprints Youth Group will be leading worship. Jared Dexter, Tyler Salpas, & Savanah Cook will be delivering sermonettes on the topic of “Stop Bullying”
- Trinity UMC – Rev. Theresa Mason will be preaching “Filled with the Spirit.” The first in her sermon series.
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI! Contact your church for opportunities to help out in worship.
Bible Studies and Small Groups:
- First-Faith Adult Sunday School class will begin a six-week study entitled “When Christians Get It Wrong” by Adam Hamilton, senior pastor of the United Methodist Church of the Resurrection in Leawood, KS.
- The Young Adults at First-Faith UMC is will meet Sundays at 10:45 am. The study is guided by Lacey Follmer and will meet in Room C.
- Women of Faith will start studying a new book on Monday January 25th titled “The Girl’s Still Got It: Take a Walk With Ruth and the God Who Rocked Her World.” by Liz Curtis Higgs. Contact Sharon Sorensen with any questions.
- “What’s Brewing” Bible Study at Trinity led by Pastor Russ will start Tuesday, January 12th and will be held on Tuesday afternoons in the Youth Room.
- “Disciple Fast Track” Bible study at First-Faith led by Pastor Trudy is held on Tuesdays at 6:45pm.
- “Prepare Ye the Way” Advent Bible study held in the Trinity Youth Room at 9:30am on Wednesdays and led by Pastor Theresa Mason.
- “When All Else Fails Read the Instructions” book study by James W. Moore will be held Wednesday afternoons at 1:30pm in the Fireside Room at First Faith.
- ReCharge young adult group is held in the Trinity Church Conference Room from 6:30-8pm on Wednesdays.
- Mom’s Group meets Wednesdays in the parlor at 6:30-7:30 pm at Trinity. All mom’s are welcome to attend. Nursery is available during this time for children too young for Zone.
Youth Activities at UM4GI
- Footprints Youth: Held Sunday evenings from 5:45-7:30pm at First-Faith. Starting with a meal and will continue with worship and fellowship. All youth 6th-12th grades are welcome.
- United Methodist Youth Fellowship: Held on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00pm at Trinity on the 3rd floor. All youth grades 6th-12th grades are welcome to attend.
- Zone: Held Wednesday evenings from 6:30-7:30pm at Trinity. All youth ages K-5th grade are welcome to attend.
- Sudanese Youth: continues to meet Sundays at Trinity at 1pm in the Gathering Place.
This Week’s Announcements
- The Volunteers in Mission Book Sale will be held at Trinity in Miller Hall on Saturday January 23 from 8 am-12 pm. Gently used books for all ages will be available for sale. Donations of gently used adult and children’s books can be dropped off Friday January 22 from 9 am-3 pm at Miller Hall.
- ESL classes are held in the Gathering Place at Trinity on Monday evenings at 7.
- Refresh! Free, quality childcare will be available at First-Faith UMC every 2nd and 4th Wednesdays from 9 am – 11:30 am so that moms can run errands or take a break and relax! The next Refresh! will be Wednesday, January 27th. Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543 with any questions.
Upcoming Events/Announcements and Other Opportunities
- The One Event is coming up January 30th and 31st, 2016 at the Heartland Events Center. Youth MUST register with a group to attend. Talk to your youth leaders today about going!
- NAMI Support Group meets the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month from 6:30-7:30pm at the Trinity House.
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
- Food For Thought Backpacks at Trinity: We have a great opportunity to help those in need right here in our area. We have bags and lists that you can easily take and fill for the families we support at Howard. Pick up a bag and a list, fill it up, and bring it back to the church office. If you would like more information, call Sebrina at 382-1952.
- First-Faith UMC needs volunteers to paint the church foyer, hallways, and bathrooms. We would like to do the project before the first week of February. Please contact Chyna Hayes to volunteer or ask any questions.
- On the first Sunday of the month it is “Food Pantry Sunday” at First-Faith and Trinity! At First-Faith donations can be placed in the “Food Pantry Grocery Cart” in Fellowship Hall at any time.
- Trinity and First-Faith United Methodist Women are collecting “Box Tops for Education” and Campbell’s Labels. These labels are used to purchase educational items to support Epworth Village in York. These labels can be dropped off in the black box on the lower shelf of the UMW library corner in Trinity‘s parlor or in the green tote in Fellowship Hall at First-Faith UMC. If you are not sure which part of the label to save, drop off the entire label and it will be cut down appropriately. Thank You!
- Noah’s Ark Wish List: Kleenexes! Thank you all for your continued support!
- Prayer Shawls are available at both First-Faith and Trinity to anyone in need. If you would like to become a part of the UM4GI Prayer Shawl ministry, join them in the Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday nights at 6:30pm. (They will even teach you how to make them!) Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.