Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week from November 5th-12th, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
- A new Series on the Psalms study begins on Wednesday the 6th at Trinity.
- Sign up to volunteer at the free community health fair coming up on November 7th at Old Walnut apartments.
- Get registered for the One Day Conference by the 7th.
- Get your fill of pancakes with UM4GI on the 8th and 13th of this month!
- The last Mission Marketplace of the year is Saturday morning!
- UM4GI Pastors are doing a sermon series rotation throughout the month of November.
- Order your pecans for all your holiday recipes from Trinity UMW throughout the month of November.
- Join Sharon Sorensen and friends to learn more about her new ministry, Refresh, for parents and children.
- Start getting crafty and design a themed basket for “Baskets of Love” this Advent.
- Do you struggle with grief during the holidays? UM4GI is offering a Grief Support Group this holiday season.
- Consider joining an Advent Study Group.
- If you haven’t done so already, fill out your “Dreaming for UM4GI” survey and drop it by any UM4GI church as soon as you can.
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in children’s sizes and polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for the GIPS Food for Thought program and for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups
- Upper Room Study with Pastor Matt on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity.
- Lectionary Study Group: Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Conference Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Disciple Bible Study: This 34-week study meets on Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room. Contact Bette Pore for more information.
- Mom’s Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at First UMC with Sarah Fowler. This group will move to Trinity after Labor Day.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- reCHARGE: A group of young adults (18-40ish), formerly known as Advent Club, meets for fellowship and discussion on Wednesday evenings in Trinity’s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m.
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
- Women of Faith Study on Mondays at 5:30pm at Sharon Sorensen’s House (Contact Sharon via First.Faith UMC).
- F7: Families and friends getting together for food, fun and fellowship on the first Friday of every month from September to May. Contact Mandy Smidt for more information.
- C.O.R.D. (Community of Renegade Disciples): a fellowship group for parents that meet every other month. Contact Kristen Bishop or Pastor Bob for more information.
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.