Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week for November 25th-December 2nd as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
This Week’s Events/Announcements
- The church offices will be closed November 26th-27th for Thanksgiving Holiday.
- Ministerio De Fe will be having their annual Thanksgiving potluck on Thanksgiving Day at 5pm. There will be a special service in Spanish following the meal.
- December 2nd, 6:30pm at Trinity: Hanging of the Greens
- ESL classes are held in the Gathering Place at Trinity on Monday evenings at 7.
- Noah’s Ark Wish List: clothes that can be used for dress-up, old pots and pans, old shoes, play jewelry, clip on ties, old hats, old telephones, old wallets, stuffed animals, and pillows. Thank you all for your continued support!
- Refresh! Free, quality childcare will be available at First-Faith UMC every 2nd and 4th Wednesdays from 9 am – 11:30 am so that moms can run errands or take a break and relax! Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543 with any questions.
- Prayer Shawls are available at both First-Faith and Trinity to anyone in need. If you would like to become a part of the UM4GI Prayer Shawl ministry, join them in the Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday nights at 6:30pm. (They will even teach you how to make them!) Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Register to participate in First-Faith UMC‘s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2015. Dinner for Fun 2015 is coming! Dinner 4 Fun is people sharing a meal, making new friends, renewing old friendships, and getting to know one another. It is for singles, couples and families. Do you like to cook? OK! If you don’t like to cook, deli food or take-out works also! If you can’t host or be a leader, there are other ways to share in the fun. The hope is that each group will meet together 4 times. Each group will have a leader to organize the group and keep it going, you meet when it works for your group. Your group can plan an after meal activity, such as games, visiting, watching sports, or playing cards, it is up to your group to decide. You can register at either church office or email Joyce McKinny at firstname.lastname@example.org with the information. Questions? Please call Joyce at 308-382-4709.
Upcoming Events/Announcements and Other Opportunities
- Baskets of Love 2015 is quickly approaching–we are so excited to see what creative and generous baskets will be offered this year! Baskets will be due to First-Faith and Trinity by Thursday, December 3 at 5 p.m., with Silent Auction bidding to begin Saturday evening, December 5. Bidding will be open all week and will close after worship at First-Faith and BEFORE 11:00 worship at Trinity on Sunday, December 13. (This is a change to allow Trinity 9:30 worship attenders to take their baskets home.) We will pass around clipboards for basket donation sign-ups at worship November 7-8 and 14-15, or you may simply pick up a basket tag at either church office and attach it to your basket when you bring it in.
- Live Nativity will be held on Sunday, December 6th from 5-7pm at Fonner Park. The VIM Soup Supper will be from 4:30-7pm. Adults are $6, Children ages 5-12 are $4, children under 4 are FREE!
- December 12th, 10:30am at Riverside: Children’s Christmas Choir Performance
- December 13th, 9:30 and 11am at Trinity: Children’s Christmas Performance
- December 13th, 4:30pm at First-Faith: Children’s Christmas Pageant
- December 19th-20th, 3pm at Trinity: Following the Star Christmas Drama
- December 20th, 5pm at First-Faith: Blue Christmas Service
- December 24th: Christmas Eve Services. First-Faith 5pm and 7pm; Trinity 5pm, 7pm, and 10pm.
- The One Event is coming up January 30th and 31st, 2016 at the Heartland Events Center. You MUST register with a group to attend. Talk to your youth leaders today about going!
- Food For Thought Backpacks at Trinity: We have a great opportunity to help those in need right here in our area. We have bags and lists that you can easily take and fill for the families we support at Howard. Pick up a bag and a list, fill it up, and bring it back to the church office. If you would like more information, call Sebrina at 382-1952.
- NAMI Support Group meets the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month from 6:30-7:30pm at the Trinity House.
- On the first Sunday of the month, it is “Food Pantry Sunday” at First-Faith and Trinity! At First-Faith donations can be placed in the “Food Pantry Grocery Cart” in Fellowship Hall at any time.
- Trinity and First-Faith United Methodist Women are collecting “Box Tops for Education” and Campbell’s Labels. These labels are used to purchase educational items to support Epworth Village in York. These labels can be dropped off in the black box on the lower shelf of the UMW library corner in Trinity‘s parlor or in the green tote in Fellowship Hall at First-Faith UMC. If you are not sure which part of the label to save, drop off the entire label and it will be cut down appropriately. Thank You!
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
Bible Studies and Small Groups:
- “ReCharge” young adult group is held in the Trinity Church Conference Room from 6:30-8pm on Wednesdays.
- “Prepare Ye the Way” Advent Bible study held in the Trinity Youth Room at 9:30am on Wednesdays and will be led by Pastor Theresa Mason.
- “Bad Girls of the Bible” Mondays at 5:30pm and hosted by Sharon Sorensen at her home.
- “Finding Bethlehem in Midst of Bedlam” Advent Study held on Thursday afternoons at 1:30pm in the Youth Room at Trinity and led by Pastor Russ.
- “Disciple Fast Track” Bible study at First-Faith led by Pastor Trudy is held on Tuesdays at 6:45pm.
- “Seizing the Moments” book study by James W. Moore will be held Wednesday afternoons at 1:30pm in the Fireside Room at First Faith.
- The Young Adults at First-Faith UMC is doing Adam Hamilton’s study “Seeing Gray in A World of Black & White” Sundays at 10:45 am. The study is guided by Lacey Follmer and will meet in Room C.
- The Adult Sunday School at First-Faith is doing a study entitled Daring Faith: The Key to Miracles by Rick Warren. Daring faith requires taking risk. It requires the courage to step up and face the giants . . . and to face the unknown. It might be easier to stay in your comfort zone, but when you bravely step out to where God has called you, history is made and lives are changed forever. You must be bold and daring to live an extraordinary life of faith.
- The First-Faith UMC Wednesday afternoon book study group is starting a new adult study for Advent on December 2nd. The book is Christmas Gifts That Won’t Break.
Youth Activities at UM4GI
- Footprints Youth: Held Sunday evenings from 5:45-7:30pm at First-Faith. Starting with a meal and will continue with worship and fellowship. All youth 6th-12th grades are welcome.
- United Methodist Youth Fellowship: Held on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00pm at Trinity on the 3rd floor. All youth grades 6th-12th grades are welcome to attend.
- Zone: Held Wednesday evenings from 6:30-7:30pm at Trinity. All youth ages K-5th grade are welcome to attend.
- Sudanese Youth: continues to meet Sundays at Trinity at 1pm in the Gathering Place.
- First-Faith UMC – Pastor Theresa will be preaching at First-Faith this weekend. She will be preaching on “Sacred Space” as part of the “Sacred” Advent series at UM4GI.
- Trinity UMC – Pastor Trudy will be preaching at Trinity this weekend for all three services. She will be preaching on “Sacred People” as part of the “Sacred” Advent series at UM4GI.