Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week from November 19th-26th, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
- Do you struggle with grief during the holidays? UM4GI is offering a Grief Support Group this holiday season on Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Refresh, for parents and children, offers free quality childcare on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of every month. Drop by First-Faith UMC and check it out on the 13th.
- Stop by Trinity’s Miller Hall on Wednesday evening for sloppy joes to help support the HIV Kids Crisis Center.
- Meet Pastor Theresa on November 21st!
- Draughts of Faith meets this Thursday.
- Check out the Craft Fair & Bake Sale at First-Faith this Saturday.
- UM4GI Pastors are doing a sermon series rotation throughout the month of November.
- Don’t forget to return your pledge cards at worship services this weekend.
- Order your pecans for all your holiday recipes from Trinity UMW throughout the month of November.
- First UMC is hosting Pitch Night on Monday, November 25th.
- Assist those affected by Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines through UMCOR.
- Do you know someone who could use some help cleaning their gutters before winter hits? Contact UM4GI’s Volunteers in Mission Team!
- If you know a college student that would enjoy a care package during finals week, let the LIFE Youth Group know!
- Serve your neighbor this Thanksgiving–sign up to volunteer to help serve a meal to the residents of Hope Harbor at Trinity UMC.
- Consider joining an Advent Study Group.
- Sign up to help with UM4GI’s Live Nativity on December 1st.
- Start getting crafty and design a themed basket for “Baskets of Love” this Advent.
- Pick up a UM4GI Cookbook–they make great stocking stuffers!
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in children’s sizes and polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for the GIPS Food for Thought program and for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups
- Upper Room Study with Pastor Matt on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity.
- Series on the Psalms Study: Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Mom’s Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at First UMC with Sarah Fowler. This group will move to Trinity after Labor Day.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- reCHARGE: A group of young adults (18-40ish), formerly known as Advent Club, meets for fellowship and discussion on Wednesday evenings in Trinity’s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m.
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
- Women of Faith Study on Mondays at 5:30pm at Sharon Sorensen’s House (Contact Sharon via First.Faith UMC).
- F7: Families and friends getting together for food, fun and fellowship on the first Friday of every month from September to May. Contact Mandy Smidt for more information.
- C.O.R.D. (Community of Renegade Disciples): a fellowship group for parents that meet every other month. Contact Kristen Bishop or Pastor Bob for more information.
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.