Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week for November 11th- November 18th, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
This Week’s Events/Announcements
- Gutter Cleaning! If you know of anyone that needs their gutters cleaned, or if you can help clean gutters, please call Ilene at 382-3684. There will not be a specific date to do this, Ilene will schedule times as calls come in and she has volunteers lined up. Please let Ilene know if you can help out!
- Refresh! Free quality childcare will be available at First-Faith UMC on November 12th from 9:00-11:30 a.m. so that moms can run errands or take a beak to relax! Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543 for more information.
- First-Faith Lunch Bunch! Come share in a noon potluck meal with games to follow on Wednesday, November 12th at First-Faith UMC.
- First-Faith United Methodist Men Pancake Feed at First-Faith! Come and enjoy a hot stack of pancakes at First-Faith UMC on Wednesday, November 12, from 5:00-7:00 p.m. Cost is $4 for children, $5 for youth/adults, or feed the whole family for $12! Proceeds go to the ministries of the United Methodist Men of First-Faith UMC.
- Trinity United Methodist Men Pancake Feed at Trinity! Come and enjoy a hot stack of pancakes at Trinity UMC on Friday, November 14, from 4:30-7:00 p.m. Cost is $6 for adults, $3 for children (ages 5-12), and children 4 and under are free! Proceeds go to the ministries of the United Methodist Men of Trinity UMC.
- Trinity’s Children’s Christmas Program Practice continues on! Practices will be Sundays (November 16th, 23rd and December 7th) in Room 8 from 10:30 am – 11:00 am.
- Baskets of Love are back! Missions is calling for all of your baskets – clipboards will be going around during worship this weekend (November 15th and 16th) or you can email Mandy Smidt at email@example.com or Sarah Fowler at firstname.lastname@example.org. Baskets will be due to the churches for set-up by December 4th at 5 pm. Please consider donating a gift basket to benefit HIV/AIDS support, and thank you in advance for your generosity. Stay tuned for more details in coming weeks!
- Pitch Night! First-Faith UMC would like to invite anyone who would like to join in cards and conversation to come to First-Faith UMC November 17th at 7:00 pm.
- Trinity UMW will have pecans for sale again this fall. There will be mammoth halves, large pieces, and 4 kinds of candy-coated pecans available. If you would like to order ahead, contact Mary Munch at 382-3272. Mary will be in Trinity’s Gathering Place after Saturday and Sunday worship services throughout November.
- Trinity UMC is ordering name tags! The Evangelism Committee is encouraging everyone to order their own name tag. It will help everyone feel more comfortable calling our fellow attendees by name, and our ministers can get to know our names as well. This will especially be helpful as we get new pastors! Trinity would like each congregation member, children included, to have a name tag. Trinity will be providing them at no cost to you for the first one, you can choose magnetic or pin back and a place will be provided at the church to store your name tag if you wish. You can print off a form here or email your choice of magnetic back or pin back, and how you would like your name to read on your name tag to email@example.com. Make sure to include all family members!
- UM4GI’s Prayers Shawl ministry continues. If you would like to learn how to make a prayer shawl or make them with others, come to Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday Nights at 6:30 p.m. Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Register to participate in First-Faith’s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2014.
- Regular Wednesday Evening programming at Trinity UMC and First-Faith UMC (including youth groups, studies, musical groups, & more). See below for more detail!
Upcoming Events/Announcements and Other Opportunities
- Draughts of Faith meets on Thursday, November 20th at 8:00 pm at Nathan Detroit’s on Pine Street downtown. Draughts of Faith is an opportunity to talk about faith and theology in an informal setting in the community. Please come as you are, invite friends, and be spiritually fed!
- Publications is currently updating addresses for those who live in skilled care or a nursing home. If you or a loved one lives in skilled care or a nursing home, please notify either UM4GI office of any address updates or changes.
- Trinity UMW and First-Faith UMC are collecting “Box Tops for Education” and Campbell’s Labels. These labels are used to purchase educational items to support Epworth Village in York. These labels can be dropped off in the black box on the lower shelf of the UMW library corner in Trinity‘s parlor or in the green totes outside the sanctuary main doors at First-Faith UMC. If you are not sure which part of the label to save, drop off the entire label and it will be cut down appropriately. Thank You!
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups – Join one Today!
- Women of Faith Study: Discovering Joy in Your Creativity (You are made in the Image of a Creative God ) by Margaret Feinberg on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. at Sharon Sorensen’s House (1717 W. Charles) or call Sharon at 382-7543.
- Step Group: Mondays at 7:00 pm at First-Faith UMC. This is a closed group; please contact Pastor Matt if you are interested in this type of group.
- First-Faith Quilters and Sewers: Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at First-Faith UMC at 9:00 am.
- Lectionary Psalms Study: Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Women’s Study: Wednesdays at 1:30pm at First-Faith UMC‘s Fireside Room.
- Strong Women: Wednesdays at 3:30pm at First-Faith UMC.
- Hand Bell Choir: Wednesdays at 6:00 pm in the Sanctuary at First-Faith UMC.
- Mom’s Group: Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at Trinity UMC in the Parlor outside Gollaher Chapel.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC in Room 7 and 8. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- Middle School Youth Group: Wednesdays at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm in Trinity UMC‘s Youth Room led by Pastor Matt.
- High School Group: Wednesdays at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm in Trinity UMC’s Tower Room led by Brittany Hesman and Nicole Lucas.
- ReCHARGE: Wednesday evenings in Trinity UMC‘s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m. A group of young adults (18-40ish), meets for fellowship and discussion.
- Chancel Choir at First-Faith UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm at First-Faith UMC.
- Chancel Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm in the Choir Room (downstairs).
- Handbell Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 8pm (downstairs next to the Choir Room).
- Prayer Shawl Ministry at Trinity UMC on Thursdays at 6:30 pm in the Gathering Place. Led by Linda Harris.
- Journey 101 Study at Trinity UMC on Thursdays at 7:00 pm in the Youth Room. Led by Pastor Darren Guthridge
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00 am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
- Adult Sunday School on Sundays with Larry or Duane Coates (English) and Pastor Julio Venegas (Spanish). Contact the First-Faith church office with questions.
- Middle School Sunday School on Sundays at First-Faith UMC at 10:45 am led by Pastor Matt.
- Sunday School Youth Ministry on Sundays at Trinity UMC from 1:00-2:00 led by Pastor Theresa.
- Footprints: Middle and High School Youth at First-Faith UMC from 5:45 -7:30 pm led by Daryl and Annette Glos (390-3224). Supper is included!
- Stephen Ministries contact Kathryn Kluska at 384-8286 at anytime.
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.