Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week for November 11th-November 18th as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
This Week’s Events/Announcements
- The Trinity United Methodist Women have pecans available for purchase. They have assorted flavors and prices. The pecans will be sold during church services in November until they sell out. They will also be selling them at the Trinity UMM Pancake feed this coming Friday!
- UMM (Trinity) Pancake Feed: November 13th, 4:30-7pm in Miller Hall. Adults are $6, children ages 5-11 are $3, and children age 4 and under are free!
- Kid’s Night Out is coming up Friday, November 13th from 7-8:30pm. The evening includes worship, dancing, Christian lessons, crafts, games, and snacks. Children can earn tickets during the evening to turn in for a small toy/candy at the end of the night and they are encouraged to bring a friend!
- Cookies with the Clergy: November 15th, 3pm at Trinity.
- Prime Timers is next Tuesday. November 17th, please sign up by Friday the 13th if you would like to attend!
- UMM (First-Faith) Pancake and Sausage Feed: November 18th, 5-7pm
- Food For Thought Backpacks at Trinity: We have a great opportunity to help those in need right here in our area. We have bags and lists that you can easily take and fill for the families we support at Howard. Pick up a bag and a list, fill it up, and bring it back to the church office. If you would like more information, call Sebrina at 382-1952.
- ESL classes are held in the Gathering Place at Trinity on Monday evenings at 7.
- Noah’s Ark Wish List: clothes that can be used for dress-up, old pots and pans, old shoes, play jewelry, clip on ties, old hats, old telephones, old wallets, stuffed animals, and pillows. Thank you all for your continued support!
- Refresh! Free, quality childcare will be available at First-Faith UMC every 2nd and 4th Wednesdays from 9 am – 11:30 am so that moms can run errands or take a break and relax! Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543 with any questions.
- Prayer Shawls are available at both First-Faith and Trinity to anyone in need. If you would like to become a part of the UM4GI Prayer Shawl ministry, join them in the Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday nights at 6:30pm. (They will even teach you how to make them!) Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Register to participate in First-Faith UMC‘s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2015. Dinner for Fun 2015 is coming! Dinner 4 Fun is people sharing a meal, making new friends, renewing old friendships, and getting to know one another. It is for singles, couples and families. Do you like to cook? OK! If you don’t like to cook, deli food or take-out works also! If you can’t host or be a leader, there are other ways to share in the fun. The hope is that each group will meet together 4 times. Each group will have a leader to organize the group and keep it going, you meet when it works for your group. Your group can plan an after meal activity, such as games, visiting, watching sports, or playing cards, it is up to your group to decide. You can register at either church office or email Joyce McKinny at email@example.com with the information. Questions? Please call Joyce at 308-382-4709.
Upcoming Events/Announcements and Other Opportunities
- First-Faith invites people to make crafts for the upcoming Craft Fair! The last day they will be crafting is November 17th. The Craft Fair will be held on November 21st at First-Faith.
- First-Faith will be decorating the church for Advent and Christmas on Sunday, November 22nd at 5:30 pm. There will be a meal provided.
- Baskets of Love 2015 is quickly approaching–we are so excited to see what creative and generous baskets will be offered this year! Baskets will be due to First-Faith and Trinity by Thursday, December 3 at 5 p.m., with Silent Auction bidding to begin Saturday evening, December 5. Bidding will be open all week and will close after worship at First-Faith and BEFORE 11:00 worship at Trinity on Sunday, December 13. (This is a change to allow Trinity 9:30 worship attenders to take their baskets home.) We will pass around clipboards for basket donation sign-ups at worship November 7-8 and 14-15, or you may simply pick up a basket tag at either church office and attach it to your basket when you bring it in.
- The One Event is coming up January 30th and 31st, 2016 at the Heartland Events Center. You MUST register with a group to attend. Talk to your youth leaders today about going!
- NAMI Support Group meets the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month from 6:30-7:30pm at the Trinity House.
- On the first Sunday of the month, it is “Food Pantry Sunday” at First-Faith and Trinity! At First-Faith donations can be placed in the “Food Pantry Grocery Cart” in Fellowship Hall at any time.
- Trinity and First-Faith United Methodist Women are collecting “Box Tops for Education” and Campbell’s Labels. These labels are used to purchase educational items to support Epworth Village in York. These labels can be dropped off in the black box on the lower shelf of the UMW library corner in Trinity‘s parlor or in the green tote in Fellowship Hall at First-Faith UMC. If you are not sure which part of the label to save, drop off the entire label and it will be cut down appropriately. Thank You!
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
Bible Studies and Small Groups:
- “Recharge” young adult group is held in the Trinity Church Conference Room from 6:30-8pm on Wednesdays.
- “Matthew’s Message: Good News for the New Millennium” Bible study held in the Trinity Youth Room at 9:30am on Wednesdays and will be led by Pastor Theresa Mason.
- “Bad Girls of the Bible” Mondays at 5:30pm and hosted by Sharon Sorensen at her home.
- “Revival” a study by Rev. Adam Hamilton, will be held on Thursday afternoons at 1:30pm in the Youth Room at Trinity and led by Pastor Russ. Study.
- “Disciple Fast Track” Bible study at First-Faith led by Pastor Trudy is held on Tuesdays at 6:45pm.
- “Seizing the Moments” book study by James W. Moore will be held Wednesday afternoons at 1:30pm in the Fireside Room at First Faith.
- The Young Adults at First-Faith UMC is doing Adam Hamilton’s study “Seeing Gray in A World of Black & White” Sundays at 10:45 am. The study is guided by Lacey Follmer and will meet in Room C.
- The Adult Sunday School at First-Faith is doing a study entitled Daring Faith: The Key to Miracles by Rick Warren. Daring faith requires taking risk. It requires the courage to step up and face the giants . . . and to face the unknown. It might be easier to stay in your comfort zone, but when you bravely step out to where God has called you, history is made and lives are changed forever. You must be bold and daring to live an extraordinary life of faith.
- The First-Faith UMC Wednesday afternoon book study group is starting a new adult study for Advent on December 2nd. The book is Christmas Gifts That Won’t Break.
Youth Activities at UM4GI
- Footprints Youth: Held Sunday evenings from 5:45-7:30pm at First-Faith. Starting with a meal and will continue with worship and fellowship. All youth 6th-12th grades are welcome.
- United Methodist Youth Fellowship: Held on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00pm at Trinity on the 3rd floor. All youth grades 6th-12th grades are welcome to attend.
- Zone: Held Wednesday evenings from 6:30-7:30pm at Trinity. All youth ages K-5th grade are welcome to attend.
- Sudanese Youth: continues to meet Sundays at Trinity at 1pm in the Gathering Place.
- First-Faith UMC – Pastor Trudy: Moving Out of Scare City Worship Series Nov 1 – 22 The sense that there is not enough drives greed, fear, and exclusionary behavior. We begin to live in “Scare City” where it seems that death, starvation, feelings of being overwhelmed and swallowed up can lurk around every corner. The Good News is that this is an illusion. A spiritual journey into the truth of abundance of all that we need offers us an alternative vision of where to live our lives. This series will have us “Moving out of Scare City” and traveling to the vast, open habitats of God’s grace. November 15th We’ll walk through the “Gateway to Abundance” as we discover that the way to abundance is through a heart of generosity.
- Trinity UMC – Pastor Theresa Sermon Series: Celebration of Abundance: Generosity. Rev. Russ Anderson will preach from Matthew 6:19-21.