Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week for November 4th- November 11th, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
This Week’s Events/Announcements
- Community Health Screening at Old Walnut on November 6th from 3:00-6:00 pm. A sampling of the screenings include- HIV testing, clinical breast exams, full lipid panels (total cholesterol, glucose and triglycerides), blood pressure, dental, and vision. All screenings will be free of charge. This is a service we have worked hard to provide for our community as we see a great need to serve those who may be in need. We encourage you all to attend and to be a part of supporting this event! We are still looking for volunteers to help set-up tables at 12:00 pm and tear-down at 5:45 pm. Please contact Trinity’s office at 382-1952 if you can help!
- Church Women United of Grand Island will hold their World Community Day on November 7th at Trinity United Methodist Church at 1:30 p.m. in Gollaher Chapel . The theme is: Through God our Hands Can Heal. All women are invited to attend. Paper products are collected for Hope Harbor at our celebrations if you wish to bring some. For more information or questions, please contact Donna Cargill at 384-2728.
- Trinity’s Children’s Christmas Program Practice has started! Practices will be Sundays (November 9th, 16th, 23rd and December 7th) in Room 8 from 10:30 am – 11:00 am.
- Baskets of Love are back! Missions is calling for all of your baskets – clipboards will be going around during worship this weekend (November 8th and 9th) and next weekend (November 15th and 16th). Please consider donating a gift basket to benefit HIV/AIDS support, and thank you in advance for your generosity. Stay tuned for more details in coming weeks!
- The second Membership Orientation Class is this Sunday, November 9th from 3 – 5 pm at First-Faith UMC! Anyone who is considering joining Trinity or First-Faith is invited to attend. The gatherings will highlight the mission and ministry of each church, how we as Christians live out our faith and commitment and how to grow into the faith journey. We will enjoy refreshments in our time of sharing. We hope to see you there!
- Trinity UMW will have pecans for sale again this fall. There will be mammoth halves, large pieces, and 4 kinds of candy-coated pecans available. If you would like to order ahead, contact Mary Munch at 382-3272. Mary will be in Trinity’s Gathering Place after Saturday and Sunday worship services throughout November.
- Trinity UMC is ordering name tags! The Evangelism Committee is encouraging everyone to order their own name tag. It will help everyone feel more comfortable calling our fellow attendees by name, and our ministers can get to know our names as well. This will especially be helpful as we get new pastors! Trinity would like each congregation member, children included, to have a name tag. Trinity will be providing them at no cost to you for the first one, you can choose magnetic or pin back and a place will be provided at the church to store your name tag if you wish. You can print off a form here or email your choice of magnetic back or pin back, and how you would like your name to read on your name tag to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include all family members!
- UM4GI’s Prayers Shawl ministry continues. If you would like to learn how to make a prayer shawl or make them with others, come to Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday Nights at 6:30 p.m. Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Register to participate in First-Faith’s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2014.
- Regular Wednesday Evening programming at Trinity UMC and First-Faith UMC (including youth groups, studies, musical groups, & more). See below for more detail!
Upcoming Events/Announcements and Other Opportunities
- Refresh! Free quality childcare will be available at First-Faith UMC on November 12th from 9:00-11:30 a.m. so that moms can run errands or take a beak to relax! Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543 for more information.
- First-Faith Lunch Bunch! Come share in a noon potluck meal with games to follow on Wednesday, November 12th at First-Faith UMC.
- First-Faith United Methodist Men Pancake Feed at First-Faith! Come and enjoy a hot stack of pancakes at First-Faith UMC on Wednesday, November 12, from 5:00-7:00 p.m. Cost is $4 for children, $6 for adults, or feed the whole family for $12! Proceeds go to the ministries of the United Methodist Men of First-Faith UMC.
- Trinity United Methodist Men Pancake Feed at Trinity! Come and enjoy a hot stack of pancakes at Trinity UMC on Friday, November 14, from 4:30-7:00 p.m. Cost is $6 for adults, $3 for children (ages 5-12), and children 4 and under are free! Proceeds go to the ministries of the United Methodist Men of Trinity UMC.
- Publications is currently updating addresses for those who live in skilled care or a nursing home. If you or a loved one lives in skilled care or a nursing home, please notify either UM4GI office of any address updates or changes.
- Trinity UMW and First-Faith UMC are collecting “Box Tops for Education” and Campbell’s Labels. These labels are used to purchase educational items to support Epworth Village in York. These labels can be dropped off in the black box on the lower shelf of the UMW library corner in Trinity‘s parlor or in the green totes outside the sanctuary main doors at First-Faith UMC. If you are not sure which part of the label to save, drop off the entire label and it will be cut down appropriately. Thank You!
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups – Join one Today!
- Women of Faith Study: Discovering Joy in Your Creativity (You are made in the Image of a Creative God ) by Margaret Feinberg on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. at Sharon Sorensen’s House (1717 W. Charles) or call Sharon at 382-7543.
- Step Group: Mondays at 7:00 pm at First-Faith UMC. This is a closed group; please contact Pastor Matt if you are interested in this type of group.
- First-Faith Quilters and Sewers: Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at First-Faith UMC at 9:00 am.
- Disciple Bible Study “Invitation to Romans”: Tuesdays at Trinity UMC at 1:00 pm in the Youth Room. Led by Bette Pore (383-7299)
- Lectionary Psalms Study: Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Women’s Study: Wednesdays at 1:30pm at First-Faith UMC‘s Fireside Room.
- Strong Women: Wednesdays at 3:30pm at First-Faith UMC.
- Hand Bell Choir: Wednesdays at 6:00 pm in the Sanctuary at First-Faith UMC.
- Mom’s Group: Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at Trinity UMC in the Parlor outside Gollaher Chapel.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC in Room 7 and 8. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- Middle School Youth Group: Wednesdays at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm in Trinity UMC‘s Youth Room led by Pastor Matt.
- High School Group: Wednesdays at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm in Trinity UMC’s Tower Room led by Brittany Hesman and Nicole Lucas.
- ReCHARGE: Wednesday evenings in Trinity UMC‘s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m. A group of young adults (18-40ish), meets for fellowship and discussion.
- Chancel Choir at First-Faith UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm at First-Faith UMC.
- Chancel Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 7pm in the Choir Room (downstairs).
- Handbell Choir at Trinity UMC on Wednesdays at 8pm (downstairs next to the Choir Room).
- Prayer Shawl Ministry at Trinity UMC on Thursdays at 6:30 pm in the Gathering Place. Led by Linda Harris.
- Journey 101 Study at Trinity UMC on Thursdays at 7:00 pm in the Youth Room. Led by Pastor Darren Guthridge
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00 am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
- Adult Sunday School on Sundays with Larry or Duane Coates (English) and Pastor Julio Venegas (Spanish). Contact the First-Faith church office with questions.
- Middle School Sunday School on Sundays at First-Faith UMC at 10:45 am led by Pastor Matt.
- Sunday School Youth Ministry on Sundays at Trinity UMC from 1:00-2:00 led by Pastor Theresa.
- Footprints: Middle and High School Youth at First-Faith UMC from 5:45 -7:30 pm led by Daryl and Annette Glos (390-3224). Supper is included!
- Stephen Ministries contact Kathryn Kluska at 384-8286 at anytime.
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.