Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week for October 21st-October 28th, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
This Week’s Events/Announcements
- All Saints Remembrance will be on October 31-November 1. If you have a loved one you would like to have recognized, please submit names and/or photos to the Trinity church office by October 21st. You can email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First-Faith Craft Fair Noodle Making Wednesday, October 21st at 9am we need supplies (large eggs & flour) and helpers. Contact Geri Hoagland if you have any questions or if you wish to help.
- Church Conference: Thursday, October 22nd starting at 7pm at Trinity – All in the church are welcome to attend!
- Project Homeless Connect will be Thursday, October 22nd from 10am-3pm at Evangelical Free Church in conjunction with the St. Leo’s Coat Drive and the Church of Christ’s Clothing Drive. JFON-NE will also have a booth set up this year.
- Save your spare change! Trick or Treat for UNICEF will be this coming weekend at Trinity during services. The youth will be taking around donation cartons for you to place your change in.
- Trunk or Treat is coming up Wednesday, October 24th in the NE parking lot at Trinity. It will be from 6:30-7:15pm and takes place of the youth activities at Trinity that night. All are encouraged to participate! If you would like to decorate your trunk, or help with Trunk or Treat, contact Sebrina at the Trinity church office.
- First-Faith invites people to make crafts for the upcoming Craft Fair! Days they will be crafting are: November 3rd, and November 17th. The Craft Fair will be held on November 21st at First-Faith.
- UM4GI Reading challenge for Hassan: It’s a “do it yourself” fall reading challenge for all ages to raise funds to support Hassan (the Nigerian/Nebraska partnership). Just read, keep track, and collect donations! The challenge runs from September 13-October 25; bring your collected donations to church November 1st or 8th and know you helped our friends in need in Nigeria!
- Food For Thought Backpacks at Trinity: We have a great opportunity to help those in need right here in our area. We have bags and lists that you can easily take and fill for the families we support at Howard. Pick up a bag and a list, fill it up, and bring it back to the church office. If you would like more information, call Sebrina at 382-1952.
- ESL classes are held in the Gathering Place at Trinity on Monday evenings at 7.
- Noah’s Ark Wish List: clothes that can be used for dress-up, old pots and pans, old shoes, play jewelry, clip on ties, old hats, old telephones, old wallets, stuffed animals, and pillows. Thank you all for your continued support!
- Refresh! Free, quality childcare will be available at First-Faith UMC every 2nd and 4th Wednesdays from 9 am – 11:30 am so that moms can run errands or take a break and relax! Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543 with any questions.
- Prayer Shawls are available at both First-Faith and Trinity to anyone in need. If you would like to become a part of the UM4GI Prayer Shawl ministry, join them in the Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday nights at 6:30pm. (They will even teach you how to make them!) Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Register to participate in First-Faith UMC‘s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2015. Dinner for Fun 2015 is coming! Dinner 4 Fun is people sharing a meal, making new friends, renewing old friendships, and getting to know one another. It is for singles, couples and families. Do you like to cook? OK! If you don’t like to cook, deli food or take-out works also! If you can’t host or be a leader, there are other ways to share in the fun. The hope is that each group will meet together 4 times. Each group will have a leader to organize the group and keep it going, you meet when it works for your group. Your group can plan an after meal activity, such as games, visiting, watching sports, or playing cards, it is up to your group to decide. You can register at either church office or email Joyce McKinny at email@example.com with the information. Questions? Please call Joyce at 308-382-4709.
Upcoming Events/Announcements and Other Opportunities
- All-Saints Weekend/Communion: October 31-November 1
- Thank Offering & UMW Unit Soup Supper: 6 PM on Sunday, November 1st in the Fellowship Hall at First-Faith.
- Interest (Ministry) Fair: November 8th at Trinity between services
- UMM (Trinity) Pancake Feed: November 13th, 4:30-7pm in Miller Hall
- Cookies with the Clergy: November 8th, 3pm at Trinity
- UMM (First-Faith) Pancake and Sausage Feed: November 18th, 5-7pm
- NAMI Support Group meets the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month from 6:30-7:30pm at the Trinity House.
- Volunteers are needed for First-Faith UMC Homebound Ministry. We are looking for folks to regularly call on homebound members and/or take them Communion the first Sunday of each month. A sign-up sheet is in the foyer. Training is after services on October 25th.
- VIM team will be providing gutter cleaning service at no charge. If you are able to help or if you need to have someone come and clean out your gutters please contact one of the church offices.
- On the first Sunday of the month, it is “Food Pantry Sunday” at First-Faith and Trinity! At First-Faith donations can be placed in the “Food Pantry Grocery Cart” in Fellowship Hall at any time.
- Trinity and First-Faith United Methodist Women are collecting “Box Tops for Education” and Campbell’s Labels. These labels are used to purchase educational items to support Epworth Village in York. These labels can be dropped off in the black box on the lower shelf of the UMW library corner in Trinity‘s parlor or in the green tote in Fellowship Hall at First-Faith UMC. If you are not sure which part of the label to save, drop off the entire label and it will be cut down appropriately. Thank You!
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
Bible Studies and Small Groups:
- “Recharge” young adult group is held in the Trinity Church Conference Room from 6:30-8pm.
- “Matthew’s Message: Good News for the New Millennium” Bible study held in the Trinity Youth Room at 9:30am on Wednesdays and will be led by Pastor Theresa Mason.
- “Bad Girls of the Bible” Mondays at 5:30pm and hosted by Sharon Sorensen at her home.
- “Revival” a study by Rev. Adam Hamilton, will be held on Thursday afternoons at 1:30pm in the Youth Room at Trinity and led by Pastor Russ. Study.
- “Disciple Fast Track” Bible study at First-Faith led by Pastor Trudy is held on Tuesdays at 6:45pm.
- “Seizing the Moments” book study by James W. Moore will be held Wednesday afternoons at 1:30pm starting Wednesday, August 26th in the Fireside Room at First Faith.
- The Young Adults at First-Faith UMC is doing Adam Hamilton’s study “Seeing Gray in A World of Black & White” Sundays at 10:45 am. The study is guided by Lacey Follmer and will meet in Room C.
- The Adult Sunday School at First-Faith is doing a study entitled Daring Faith: The Key to Miracles by Rick Warren. Daring faith requires taking risk. It requires the courage to step up and face the giants . . . and to face the unknown. It might be easier to stay in your comfort zone, but when you bravely step out to where God has called you, history is made and lives are changed forever. You must be bold and daring to live an extraordinary life of faith.
Youth Activities at UM4GI
- Footprints Youth: Held Sunday evenings from 5:45-7:30pm at First-Faith. Starting with a meal and will continue with worship and fellowship. All youth 6th-12th grades are welcome.
- United Methodist Youth Fellowship: Held on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00pm at Trinity on the 3rd floor. All youth grades 6th-12th grades are welcome to attend.
- Zone: Held Wednesday evenings from 6:30-7:30pm at Trinity. All youth ages K-5th grade are welcome to attend.
- Sudanese Youth: continues to meet Sundays at Trinity at 1pm in the Gathering Place.
- Part-time child care needed at Noah’s Ark in the afternoon. Stop by the Noah’s Ark Director’s Office for an application.
- First-Faith UMC – “The Quest for Happiness” eight-week worship journey continues led by Pastor Trudy! The worship series will take us on a quest to our deepest interior levels as we explore the deadly sins and their corresponding virtues. We continue to look at the eight thoughts that all humans wrestle with and explore their corresponding virtues that help to overcome the. This week: “Toll Roads”
- Trinity UMC – The 3rd sermon in Pastor Theresa’s series, “How Do I Fit into the Jesus Story: They Came to Jericho” based on Mark 10:46-52 about a man who was courageous enough to be vulnerable.