Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week for October 11th – October 18th as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
- First-Faith UMC – October 16th Pastor Russ will be preaching “Committed: To Prayer” Luke 18:1-8.
- Trinity UMC – October 15th Pastor Russ will be preaching “Committed: To Prayer” Luke 18:1-8 October 16th Pastor Kelly leading worship on Luke 18: 1-8
- Here is the latest newsletter for the month of September/October.
Bible Studies and Small Groups: EVERY study is available to both churches.
- The First-Faith Adult Sunday School class is studying Half Truths: God Helps Those Who Help Themselves and Other Things the Bible Doesn’t Say. The sessions include:
– Everything Happens for a Reason
– God Helps Those Who Help Themselves
– God Won’t Give You More Than You Can Handle
– God Said It, I Believe It, That Settles It
– Love the Sinner, Hate the Sin We welcome new participants as we join the Rev. Adam Hamilton in his search for the whole truth by comparing common Christian sayings with wisdom found in Scripture.
- The Young Adults Sunday School at First-Faith UMC is studying Adam Hamilton’s The Call: The Life and Message of the Apostle Paul. Join this group on Sunday mornings in Room 1 as they explore Paul’s story, hear his message, and reflect on the meaning of his life and message for your own life and for our world today.
- Sundays at 6:30 – 8 p.m. in the Youth Room at Trinity Pastor Kelly will be hosting a fall study Making Sense of the Bible: Rediscovering the Power of Scripture Today by Adam Hamilton.
- Women of Faith Mondays at 5:30 pm It is held at Sharon Sorensen’s home at 5:30 pm. The name of the study is Trusting in Christ written by Karen Lee-Thorp.
- Tuesday Mathètè’s – They are studying Half Truths by Adam Hamilton. Join Pastor Russ in a search for the whole truth by comparing some common Christian sayings with the wisdom found in the Scripture. Tuesdays at 1:00 pm in the Youth Room. Anyone is welcome to join.
- Pastor Trudy will lead Barbara Roose’s Bible Study Beautiful Already on every other Tuesday evening at First-Faith. If you’ve ever said anything along these lines: “I’m so fat.” “I don’t like my nose.” “I wish I was taller.” then this study is for you! Our dissatisfaction with what we see in the mirror is what Roose calls “our ugly struggle with beauty.” We’ll meet every other week for six sessions from 6:30 – 8:00 pm and explore God’s truth about beauty as revealed in the Old and New Testaments.
- ReCharge young adult group Tuesdays at 6:30 in The Gathering Place at Trinity.
- Wednesday afternoon Book Study at 1:30 pm in the Fireside Room at First Faith they will be studying The Girl’s Still Got It by Liz Curtis Higgs.
- Faith on Tap Looking for that place where life and faith intersect? Come join Pastor Russ at Nathan Detroit’s, 316 N Pine, on October 19th at 7:00 pm and every 3rd Wednesday of the month after that. Bring your inquisitive mind as we try to make sense of our lives and our place in this world in light of what the Bible says.
- Mom’s Group will be reading & discussing together Jen Hatmaker’s new book For the Love on Wednesdays at a new time of 7-8:00 pm in the Parlor at Trinity! Mom’s of all ages are invited to attend this awesome group.
Youth Activities at UM4GI
- Footprints UMYF (6-12th):Welcomes all 6th-12th graders to experience a deeper walk with God as we gather every Sunday evening from 5:45-7:30 for food, fun, and fellowship in the First-Faith Fellowship Hall!
- Trinity Youth Ministries (6-12th): Come join us at our new time 7-8:00 pm on Wednesdays in the Youth Room! We will gather for experiential worship and prayer, creative bible study, and formative community activities.
- Zone (K-5th): Come join us at our new time 7-8:00 pm on Wednesdays in the Rooms 7 & 8! We have a blast engaging in the story of God through bible study, games, creative projects, and fun!
- Sudanese Youth: Sundays at Trinity at 1 pm in the Gathering Place.
This Week’s Announcements
- Lunch Bunch is Wednesday October 12th 12:00 pm at First-Faith UMC. Come join us for this fun potluck!
- Bishop Saenz would like to meet YOU! Come to the Prairie Rivers District meet and greet event on Thursday, October 13 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Trinity
- Helgoth’s Pumpkin Patch Join us for UM4GI fall fun at the Pumpkin Patch!When: October 16th @ (any time between) 3:00 pm- 7:00 pm Eating: 5:00 pm (Hotdogs, Chips, and Drink included in admission price.)Where: 121 Eagle Road St. Libory, NE 68872 308-687-6033 Cost: $7 per person (Admission paid at Helgoth’s includes fire pit, hot dog, chips, drink, and a basketball size pumpkin.) R.S.V.P. BY: 10/9/16 to Molly Clark 308-382-1952 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refresh! Free, quality childcare is available at First-Faith UMC every 2nd and 4th Wednesdays from 9 am – 11:30 am so that moms can run errands or take a break and relax! The next Refresh! will be Wednesday, October 12th. Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543 with any questions.
- Peggy Helms is leading a craft making group every third Tuesday of the month from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm at First-Faith UMC. Bring your own crafts to work on or Peggy will have some projects available. The group is getting a head start on making items for the November craft fair. Their next meeting is October 18th.
- Prime Timers— Come enjoy a great meal & wonderful fellowship on Tuesday October 18th at 10 am with lunch at noon @ Trinity. Please RSVP by Friday, Oct 14th to the Trinity office.
Upcoming Events/Announcements and Other Opportunities
- The Heartland United Way is needing volunteers to help with their Macaroni Project on Sunday, October 23rd. Packaging will take place at the Fonner Park Concourse. We would like to be able to fill a few tables with UM4GI people. Contact the church office by Wednesday, October 12th. There will be 2 shifts. 12:45 pm – 2:45 pm or 2:45 pm – 4:45 pm. Yes, kids can help, they just ask that they be at least 8 or 9 years old. The goal for the entire group is to package 120,000 meals for local families. Fortified Macaroni & Cheese packs will be distributed to food pantries, social workers and backpack programs in Hall, Hamilton, Howard & Merrick Counties to feed food insecure families. This is a great local mission project.
- On Wednesday October 26th 6:30-7:30 pm in Lot B Trinity & First-Faith invite kids to come and experience the fun of trick or treating in a fun & safe environment! There will be games, treats, & mini pumpkin decorating.
- We will be celebrating family time & anticipating Christmas with a Family Christmas Craft Night at First-Faith on November 4th 6:30-8:00 pm. We will supply the items for crafts for all ages and you can complete as many as you would like. This is a fun opportunity to get a head start on some handmade Christmas Crafts! A light snack and refreshments will be served. Please RSVP to Nicole Lucas with a text to 402-631-9576 or email her at email@example.com by November 2nd.
- NAMI Support Group meets the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month from 6:30-7:30 pm at the Trinity House.
Noah’s Ark is looking for fun, caring and responsible individuals to fill afternoon openings with our child care center. Hours range from 11:30-6; 12-6 and 1-6. Please pick up an application in the director’s office or on here.
Trinity United Methodist Church is now accepting applications for the weekend janitor position. Duties include janitorial service and lock up and building security, including lock up and service for weddings and special events. The position is four hours per week minimum. Additional pay for special events. A complete job description is available here. Application is available here. Position is posted until filled.
- On the first Sunday of the month it is “Food Pantry Sunday” at First-Faith and Trinity! At First-Faith donations can be placed in the “Food Pantry Grocery Cart” in Fellowship Hall at any time. At Trinity donations can be placed in the tote in the UMW Library in the Parlor anytime.
- The First-Faith sewing group is asking for donations of gently used or new baby items to be given to our local WIC office. Items needed include: booties, bibs, blankets, hats, and burp cloths. Please deposit donations in the bin located in the Narthex.
- As part of First-Faith’s Educational Partnership with Engleman Elementary we will be having work days on the second or third Thursday of each month from 8:30 to 11:00 am. The next one is October 20th. Please let Glenda know by October 16th if you are planning to come so they know how much work to plan for us. Let Glenda know at church or call her at 383-1716.
- Noah’s Ark Wish List: School Supplies! Contact April at Noah’s Ark. Thank you all for your continued support!
- Prayer Shawls are available at both First-Faith and Trinity to anyone in need. If you would like to become a part of the UM4GI Prayer Shawl ministry, join them in the Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday nights at 6:30pm. (They will even teach you how to make them!) Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
Online Giving Options
- Follow this link to contribute to Trinity financially.
- Follow this link to contribute to First-Faith financially.