Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week from January 7th-January 13th, as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
- UM4GI’s Integrated Leadership Seminar is this Friday and Saturday, led by Rev. Bill Selby of the Center for Pastoral Excellence. Interested persons should contact any UM4GI church office as soon as possible!
- Register to participate in First-Faith’s Dinner for Fun events to be held throughout 2014.
- Communion service at Good Samaritan Village on the 9th at 10am with Pastor Bob.
- Trinity‘s Finance Committee meets on Monday the 13th at 6:30pm and Administrative Council meets at 7pm.
- Many of our regular Wednesday Evening programming (including youth groups, studies, musical groups, & more) returns this week. See below for more detail!
- UM4GI’s first set of crocheted or knitted prayers shawls was blessed on December 8th. If you would like to paricipate in the prayer shawl ministry or know someone that could benefit from one, contact Trinity UMC.
- Get involved with Justice For Our Neighbors (JFON) through UM4GI.
- Consider joining UM4GI’s Volunteers in Mission Team for their spring mission trip!
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI!
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
- Donations are welcomed for Epworth Village’s Kruse House.
Studies & Groups
- Upper Room Study with Pastor Matt on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC.
- Series on the Psalms Study: Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. in Trinity’s Youth Room with Pastor Theresa.
- Mom’s Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at Trinity UMC in the Parlor outside Gollaher Chapel.
- Zone: This fellowship group for all UM4GI children, grades 1st-5th, meets on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Trinity UMC. The program includes large group time, dramas, praise and worship, and rotational activities such as snack and game stations each week.
- ReCHARGE: A group of young adults (18-40ish), formerly known as Advent Club, meets for fellowship and discussion on Wednesday evenings in Trinity’s Conference Room at 6:30 p.m. This week, ReCHARGE continues Adam Hamilton’s “The Journey.”
- Men’s Study on Fridays at 7:00am at Tommy’s Restaurant.
- Women of Faith Study on Mondays at 5:30pm at Sharon Sorensen’s House (Contact Sharon via First-Faith UMC).
- F7: Families and friends getting together for food, fun and fellowship on the first Friday of every month from September to May. Contact Mandy Smidt for more information.
- C.O.R.D. (Community of Renegade Disciples): a fellowship group for parents that meet every other month. Contact Kristen Bishop or Pastor Bob for more information.
- Youth Group information can be found here.
- Check out UM4GI’s Confirmation Preparation options for the year.