Here’s a quick look at UM4GI events this week for January 6th-January 13 as well as this weekend’s preaching schedule!
This Week’s Announcements
- Epiphany Party at Trinity will be January 6th at 6:30pm in the sanctuary. They will be un-decorating the church and treats will be provided!
- ESL classes are held in the Gathering Place at Trinity on Monday evenings at 7.
- Noah’s Ark Wish List: clothes that can be used for dress-up, old pots and pans, old shoes, play jewelry, clip on ties, old hats, old telephones, old wallets, stuffed animals, and pillows. Thank you all for your continued support!
- Refresh! Free, quality childcare will be available at First-Faith UMC every 2nd and 4th Wednesdays from 9 am – 11:30 am so that moms can run errands or take a break and relax! Contact Sharon Sorensen at 382-7543 with any questions.
- Prayer Shawls are available at both First-Faith and Trinity to anyone in need. If you would like to become a part of the UM4GI Prayer Shawl ministry, join them in the Trinity UMC Gathering Place on Thursday nights at 6:30pm. (They will even teach you how to make them!) Contact Linda Harris at 227-1286 for more information.
- Kids Night Out! – Kids Night Out will be on Friday, January 8th from 7:00–8:30 pm at First-Faith UMC. It is a wonderful opportunity for children to worship, have snacks, bible lessons, and participate in fun and games! Bring the kids and let them experience their own “Night Out”! For more information call Priscilla at 308-850-5786.
Upcoming Events/Announcements and Other Opportunities
- The One Event is coming up January 30th and 31st, 2016 at the Heartland Events Center. Youth MUST register with a group to attend. Talk to your youth leaders today about going!
- Food For Thought Backpacks at Trinity: We have a great opportunity to help those in need right here in our area. We have bags and lists that you can easily take and fill for the families we support at Howard. Pick up a bag and a list, fill it up, and bring it back to the church office. If you would like more information, call Sebrina at 382-1952.
- NAMI Support Group meets the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month from 6:30-7:30pm at the Trinity House.
- On the first Sunday of the month, it is “Food Pantry Sunday” at First-Faith and Trinity! At First-Faith donations can be placed in the “Food Pantry Grocery Cart” in Fellowship Hall at any time.
- Trinity and First-Faith United Methodist Women are collecting “Box Tops for Education” and Campbell’s Labels. These labels are used to purchase educational items to support Epworth Village in York. These labels can be dropped off in the black box on the lower shelf of the UMW library corner in Trinity‘s parlor or in the green tote in Fellowship Hall at First-Faith UMC. If you are not sure which part of the label to save, drop off the entire label and it will be cut down appropriately. Thank You!
- Get involved in worship services with UM4GI! Contact your church for opportunities to help out in worship.
- UM4GI shirts are available in a variety of sizes and also in polo styles!
Bible Studies and Small Groups:
- “ReCharge” young adult group is held in the Trinity Church Conference Room from 6:30-8pm on Wednesdays.
- “Prepare Ye the Way” Advent Bible study held in the Trinity Youth Room at 9:30am on Wednesdays and led by Pastor Theresa Mason.
- Women of Faith will start studying a new book on January 25th titled The Girl’s Still Got It: Take a Walk With Ruth and the God Who Rocked Her World. by Liz Curtis Higgs.
- “What’s Brewing” Bible Study at Trinity led by Pastor Russ will start Thursday, January 14th and will be held on Thursday afternoons in the Youth Room.
- “Disciple Fast Track” Bible study at First-Faith led by Pastor Trudy is held on Tuesdays at 6:45pm.
- “Seizing the Moments” book study by James W. Moore will be held Wednesday afternoons at 1:30pm in the Fireside Room at First Faith.
- The Young Adults at First-Faith UMC is doing Adam Hamilton’s study “Seeing Gray in A World of Black & White” Sundays at 10:45 am. The study is guided by Lacey Follmer and will meet in Room C.
- The Adult Sunday School at First-Faith is doing a study entitled Daring Faith: The Key to Miracles by Rick Warren. Daring faith requires taking risk. It requires the courage to step up and face the giants . . . and to face the unknown. It might be easier to stay in your comfort zone, but when you bravely step out to where God has called you, history is made and lives are changed forever. You must be bold and daring to live an extraordinary life of faith.
- The First-Faith UMC Wednesday afternoon book study group is starting a new adult study for Advent on December 2nd. The book is Christmas Gifts That Won’t Break.
- Mom’s Group will be meeting in the parlor at 6:30-7:30 pm at Trinity in the parlor. Mom’s of all ages are welcome to attend. Nursery is available during this time for children too young for Zone.
Youth Activities at UM4GI
- Footprints Youth: Held Sunday evenings from 5:45-7:30pm at First-Faith. Starting with a meal and will continue with worship and fellowship. All youth 6th-12th grades are welcome.
- United Methodist Youth Fellowship: Held on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00pm at Trinity on the 3rd floor. All youth grades 6th-12th grades are welcome to attend.
- Zone: Held Wednesday evenings from 6:30-7:30pm at Trinity. All youth ages K-5th grade are welcome to attend.
- Sudanese Youth: continues to meet Sundays at Trinity at 1pm in the Gathering Place.
- First-Faith UMC – Baptism of the Lord Sunday. Pastor Trudy will be preaching “Part of the Larger Story.” During the service there will be a congregational reaffirmation of baptism.
- Usher/Greeters: Terry & Melanie Sheen Bruce & Sharon Kleint
- Scripture Reader: Sharon Kleint
- Acolytes: Need Volunteers
- Fellowship Time: Need Volunteers
- Trinity UMC – Baptism of Jesus, Pastor Theresa preaching.