Get registered here!
We all need a plan for our money. Financial Peace University (FPU) is that plan! It teaches God’s ways of handling money. Through video teaching, class discussions, and interactive small group activities, FPU presents biblical, practical steps to get from where you are to where you’ve dreamed you could be. This plan will show you how to get rid of debt, manage your money, spend and save wisely, and much more!
FPU classes meet for around an hour and a half each week for nine weeks. You will be walked through the basics of budgeting, dumping debt, planning for the future, and much more! UM4GI is looking to offer FPU on Sunday nights starting October 27th, but the class is contigent upon getting enough people signed up. We are still seeking interested parties for such a class (we need a minimum of 12 people), the cost will be $100 for material and trained leadership and childcare will be provided upon request. Contact Pastor Matt, Dave White, or any UM4GI church office if interested.
The nine-week class consists of the following lessons:
- Super Saving—Common Sense for Your Dollar and Cents
- Relating With Money—Nerds and Free Spirits Unite!
- Cash Flow Planning—The nuts and Bolts of Budgeting
- Dumping Debt—Breaking the Chains of Debt
- Buyer Beware—The Power of Marketing on Your Buying Decisions
- The Role of Insurance—Protecting Your Health, Family and Finances
- Retirement and College Planning—Mastering the Alphabet Soup of Investing
- Real Estate and Mortgages—Keeping the American Dream From Becoming a Nightmare
- The Great Misunderstanding—Unleashing the Power of Generous Giving